Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please... i dont understand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help please... i dont understand

My husband and I filed ch 7 and have gone through our creditors meeting 2 months ago, We are waiting for the discharge, however i'm scared... one of the credit cards were never notified and my husband used it to pay for gas when we were in a tight spot...we paid it off along with 3 other credit cards that were not notified and show still open. will they, the courts see this as fraud since we paid it off? Is it ok to use it since they did not close the account after we filed and we did not list them on the creditor sheet. our lawyer was over the internet and of no real help on our case. he wasnt even present at the 401 meeting. We paid 2500 for him to help us and we never get calls from there office, we have to call them, we really didnt understand the process but were told by another lawyer at court to say we understand and we would be ok and over in 60 days...? we just wanted to start over...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help please... i dont understand

Did you owe them any money at the time of filing?  If not - then you should be ok.  However, if you did owe money on them at the time of filing - you may want to contact your trustee's office directly.  Tell them that some creditors were missed and ask what you should do - you should be able to ammend the creditor list.  Also let them know that your attorney has been of little help.  They won't do anything about the attorney - but they should be more sympathetic. 

Trustee are people.  Most are in it to make sure the right thing is done. 

We filed in 03 and it saved our marriage and our financial future.  Take a deep breath - it will be okay.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.