Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with score!!

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

help with score!!

Hello Everyone. Need help with boosting score. I m a month post discharge. Yesterday, I applied for CreditOne and was approved for $400 cl. How can I get a boost or improve my credit scores with what I have? Thanks

So far this is what I have. 

Creditone $400 cl

AU on capital one. 

I had a personal loan through credit union but they closed my account after bk 7. 

current scores:

equifax:582

transunion:511

Experian:593

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with score!!

Research the AZEO Method

Message 2 of 9
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Well you will want to make sure all your reports are correct. The ones included read $0 balance and stating IIB. To give your credit its needed mix, you will need 3 cards and a personal loan. You can do a self lender through your CU or through another place. You will want to keep your util below 8.9%. Use the AZEO method. Thats keeping all cards paid off and one card reporting a small balance. That will give a slight boost. You can use the cards all you want, just pay them off in full before the statement closes out for the month. Except one card reporting a small balance. If you have any lates, you can try for a goodwill campaign and see if the lenders would be willing to erase them. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Who got burned?

Message 4 of 9
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Burned capital one, discover, goldman sachs. 

Message 5 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You'll want to work up to 3 cards slowy. Congrats on the COne. In a few months for can try to get back in with Cap1 by7 checking the pre-qual. They will be the most forgiving. For now. Theres always OpenSky secured with no HP. Reports to all 3 CRA''s. Two to start with will be fine for now. In 6 months maybe Cap1 will come thru. If not. Theres Merrick Bank secured that will double your CL with responsible use. In a year is usually when Disco may let you back in. Since you have no intallments. Self lender can work for now also. You want to go slow. No rush. Get the 2 cards and Self. Then chill for 6 months before the next move. It doesnt happen overnight. Its a slow process to start. Once past a year and a few cards. Then they will open up more around 2 yrs out. Took me 3 1/2 yrs to get where I'm at. But I researched every move I made on here before pulling the trigger. Never been denied. Go slow. In time you can be better off than before BK. Just play the game and you'll be fine. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 9
am
Established Member

my ch 7 was discharged 10/2018. since then i've had a cap1 secured platinum and also added as an authorized user to my son's marriot amex, lufthansa barclay and united air visa cards all used lightly and paid on time. my discover fico credit score is holding at 661 for months now. any idea how to increase? thanks.

Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@am wrote:

my ch 7 was discharged 10/2018. since then i've had a cap1 secured platinum and also added as an authorized user to my son's marriot amex, lufthansa barclay and united air visa cards all used lightly and paid on time. my discover fico credit score is holding at 661 for months now. any idea how to increase? thanks.

@am You can start a new thread. Copy and paste your statement above. And we'll be glad to help you. Dont want to hijack this thread. See ya there.

Message 8 of 9
am
Established Member

ooops. apologies. newbie here. will do.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.