Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hmmm...let's see how this works out..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm...let's see how this works out..

I filed bk 13 in may 2004 - converted to a 7 in august of this year.  For some odd reason, my lawyer didn't include my amendments.  I paid $26 for them to add 3 creditors.  One- electric, never received notice and I ended up mailing them out my discharge papers.  That took care of that.  Another one - cell phone bill, never received notice and I called them with the info and disputed with CRA which took care of that one.  The last was a collection agency.  Now - I was really afraid to deal with them for the following reasons....

1.) I contacted my bk lawyer and found out they did NOT add these in as they were supposed to.
2.) I actually have 3 collection accounts with the same place, but only included one bill. (Didn't realize I had the other two at the time.

Now, today I thought, "what the heck" and decided that since it's already in collections and is reporting on my CRA as missing payments due all the way to this month, I pretty much have nothing to lose.

I call up the number I found on their website and got transfered to a gentleman who was VERY nice and polite.  He basically asked me for the case number, lawyer name, district I filed in, and discharge date.  I told him that I filed a 13 in may of 2004 and converted to a 7 in august 2007.  Then I informed him that I actually paid my lawyer to have them added in and it is still on my credit reports.  So, not sure if they will delete the TL or just change it to IIB or if they will have "paid as agreed".  Whichever one that happens is fine.  And, if nothing else I will offer to PFD.  (for only half if they update as discharged) 

I'll try to keep everyone posted with any news. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.