Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgements in BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

judgements in BK

I was asked this question today, and I do  not know the answer.  I am hoping someone here can help. 

What happens to Civil Judgements (debt) when included in CH 7 BK.  I am particularly looking for info for Virginia. 
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: judgements in BK

Try going to the Bankruptcy Talks Thread in Yahoo Groups. There is a BK attorney that answers alot of questions for people. You will learn alot like you do here on this thread.

Bills
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bills, do you have a link for yahoo.  not familiar with the site, don't know how to get there.

Also, if anyone has any other good message boards or areas they'd like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to be filing ( as soon as i figure out all the paperwork the attorney gave me, and come up with the $$)  i'm anxious to read anything I can find.

thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fellow virginian here...
however it doesnt matter how it reports regardless of the state you are in.
If a judgement is included in your bk it will show up as a public record and stays on your report for 7 years I believe. The debt from the judgement will read Chp/7 included in BK.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Yahoo.com and on side panel it shows Groups. Click on Groups and search for Bankruptcy.
You will see Bankruptcy Talks and you join. Highly informative group and they do have attorneys who answer the questions. Read everything you can it will help.

Find a BK attorney in your state that will give you first visit for free and ask your question then.

Best of Luck -

Message 5 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

type in bankruptcy forums in your google and you will find some great forums that can answer your questions.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.