Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notice of default

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

notice of default

sorry everyone I hit the wrong button and it sent it to the message board. What I was wanting to know is I filed for chapter 13 in 2004 but lost my job in 2007 so the courts dismissed my bankruptcy now the mortgage company told me on october 19 that if I did not pay them the 900.00 by november 2nd  they would put my mortgage in notice of default. Which that gave me 2 weeks to come up with the money. I sent them 550 on the 2nd which I was 350 short they told me that if I did not come up with 350 plus the november payment them they would send out a notice of default. My question if keep sending them money and I do get it completly caught which I could do in 2 week could still forclose on my house
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: notice of default

This should be moved to the Bankrupcy forum.

WATEVA, since you are a few days past the 2nd... and you are concerned about forclosure... you need advice from an attorney ASAP.

Can the atty who handled your BK give you some phone time? 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I move it to the bankruptcy forum but no I have not talk to the attorney that set up the wage earner because he will not return my calls
Message 3 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WATEVA wrote:
I move it to the bankruptcy forum but no I have not talk to the attorney that set up the wage earner because he will not return my calls

A mod will move it, don't worry bout it.

Ok you definitely need to speak with someone, sorry your old atty is not helpful.  I can try to find you a referral if you wish, just PM me.  You can also call your local Legal Aid type organization to find someone.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks I have a appointment with another attorney thursday so I am hoping he can help. The old attorney is the one who got me into all this mess. When I lost my job he told me he would put a hold on the wage earner while I look for a job and then after 4 months after I finally get a job I found out that he never did what he was suppose to do and that I have been dismissed of the bankruptcy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well wouldn't you know the mortgage company just called me and told that a notice of acceleration has already gone out
Message 6 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WATEVA wrote:
thanks I have a appointment with another attorney thursday so I am hoping he can help. The old attorney is the one who got me into all this mess. When I lost my job he told me he would put a hold on the wage earner while I look for a job and then after 4 months after I finally get a job I found out that he never did what he was suppose to do and that I have been dismissed of the bankruptcy

Good luck in speaking with your new attorney.   I hope you get this taken care of... and report that old attorney to the Bar as well as sue him/her for malpractice so that s/he doesn't do this to anyone else's life. 
Message 7 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WATEVA wrote:
well wouldn't you know the mortgage company just called me and told that a notice of acceleration has already gone out

Get on the phone to your new atty now.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with his secretary and as soon as he gets out of court she said she would talk with him
Message 9 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WATEVA wrote:
Just got off the phone with his secretary and as soon as he gets out of court she said she would talk with him

Good!  Hope you got him on recommendation and that he has experience with the issues at hand.  This is important stuff so don't feel bad if you want a second opinion on it after speaking with him.  If he doesn't seem knowledgeable and confident in this, get another view on it from a different atty.

I'm sure it will go well though and I hope you hear back fast... I'm sure you are antsy there. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.