Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open credit cards after chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

open credit cards after chapter 7

I filled bk chapter 7 feb 26th and discharged jun 3rd. some of my credit accounts are still open (amx, citi, macys, bill me later) my question is can i use them and what happens if i use them? i applied secured credit card (capone and such) got denied. my credit score (based on creditkarma and credit.com) are 684 transuninon and 654 expr.... i want to rebuild my credit....Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: open credit cards after chapter 7

If you're discharged and they survived, then roll with it. Worst that happens is they cancel them later on - but if not, then you've got some good cards to rebuild with.

I would avoid asking for any CLIs though! At least for a few years.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Given that ALL debt is included in a ch7 bankruptcy per the bankruptcy laws, would it not constitute fraud for someone to try and use a tradeline, without the creditor's authorization, knowing that said tradeline is legally included in the filing/discharge whether or not it was listed in the debtor schedule?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess i will have to ask my lawyer to get his input on this. if filling chapter 7 terminates all the credit cards and their terms after discharge then the current open credit cards terms may be no longer valid and may need reaffirming. this is getting to complex. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.