Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Following the Guide" Journey

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: "Following the Guide" Journey

LysolDW,

I think if you keep letting your cards report at 29% utilization and pay in full it should help you.  Are you CapitalOne cards on the steps program? 

Hang in there I firmly believe that you will see a bump in your FICO score.

You're on the right track, you will get there.  Give yourself time.

Guyatthebeach 

Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super frustrated with my rebuild so far. It's going but slowly.  I am 1 year post BK 7 this month.

I lost my CreditOne card, and they cancelled it and sent me a new card - but they also reported this to my credit as a account transfer and reporting my new high balance (which was strategically not put on until AFTER the statement cut off) with the new account number but as soon as it reported that, my scores tanked 20 points across the board. I was livid. Had I known, I just would have let the card remain 'missing' until my statement was paid down again.

No decent auto-refi yet. Right now I have a 18.5% with Cap1. Was offered a 12% with LendingClub but it added a year to the note so it was like refinancing for the original loan amount and not the balance. No thank you. My plan to refi with PenFed was thwarted since they recently changed their loan product rules to not allow refis for BK until 2 years post. 

Ive been using both CapitalOnes aggressively, AND paying it below 29% before the statement cut each month, no auto CLI bump. 

Im just venting - and will keep trucking, but good lord is this frustrating and hopefully worth the wait! Credit gods give me strength!

Message 52 of 57
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Financing with Santander Consumer Financing is like a deal with the devil... Someone i know is dealing with getting an overpayment by his insurance company refunded and its been a long time... and they do some wierd things with interest so paying larger payments doesnt really help you much... They are very much out to get you... 

Glad you avoided them like the plague...

-J

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small milestone rebuild update today. 

Hit my 6 month mark with Blaze MC and was bumped up from a $500 CL to a $1,000 CL. Very pleased considering CapitalOne is still being stingy, despite high usage and monthly payoffs for over a year now. Hoping they will give eventually. My CLs with them are still $750 and $500. 

I was able to refi from the straight out of BK auto loan of 18% down to 9% and first 3 months payments defferred. 

One more payment on my PenFed rebuilder loan and then I will be asking for a $2,000 unsecured loan this time around to pay back. 

Slowly but surely. 

Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today should have put me over 700.

Instead my report said I lost 80 points. 

Why?  Because Experian for some reason decided to remove my BK from my report, AND put 3 of the accounts that were discharged in BK into a Charge Off status. 

I phoned and asked why any changes at all were made. I was told, ' The creditors would have reported it that way'.

Its your job to make sure the beauru reports correct information, so when you see something that has been the same for almost 2 years suddenly change, and only change 3 accounts to CO and leave the rest as BK, and REMOVE the BK altogether - doesn't that raise a red flag as inaccurate information? No response from the customer service person I was speaking to. When I prompted them, I got a canned response, "Well, we can dispute these inaccuracies but I can't gaurantee that you'll get your points back on your score."

So because someone at Experian wasnt paying attention, I'm now back to where I started. TU and EQ updated just fine and were exactly as I expected them to be.

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - So sorry to hear this.  Contact the creditors directly.  Send proof to Experian.  I hope they reverse those transactions for you as soon as possible.

Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian has been a sh--show trying to correct my credit file with them.

They removed the BK as if it didnt exist, and put every account back into a Charge-off status. 

I've been fighting them for 2 months now to correct this. I've emailed, faxed, and certified letter mailed them copies of the BK Discharge, my report, and what it had been for 15 months before they randomly adjusted it incorrectly. 

Most of it is corrected with a lingering account - Conns Home Plus. They continue to respond to my disputes that their information reporting is accurate even though I've proven without a doubt that it isnt. I'm to the point of looking into hiring a lawyer for this. 

In better news, the credit profile remains in gardening mode. I'm in the door with NFCU so waiting for the graduation from secured to unsecured with the limit increase - then I will move all my banking from Capital One to NFCU. Capital One continues to refuse and decline me increases to my toy limits. So its a stalemate with them. They were great for coming out of BK but long term they seem pointless to try and grow with. NFCU will be my 'home' at the 2 year mark. 

Hope everyone else's credit travels are going their way!

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.