"what are your payments, ch 13,"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"what are your payments, ch 13,"

I would like to know other's debt amounts and payments

How much unsecured credit card debt did you pay under the ch 13

was life extremely hard after starting payment plan

I have searched everywhere on this forum and no one seems to post about these things  in this simple of a fashion.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Re: "what are your payments, ch 13,"

I'm nearing year 4 of my payment plan.  Most of my debit was medical, with only about 5K in cc debit.  My monthly payments are just under $800 per month.

How about you?

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 2 of 18
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I completed my plan in 2 years, it was a 100 percent plan so all unsecured was paid. I had about 30k to pay off. I was paying a bit over a 1000 a month.

I found life wasn't all that hard during it. You just need to keep a good budget.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had about 9k in cc debt, but my bigger problem was that I had another 10k in back taxes owed to the IRS that I didn't resolve. With their typical heavy-handed approach, they simply garnished my wages and I had an instant 30-plus percent reduction in my take home pay, which meant I couldn't keep up with my cc payments. The whole thing snowballed against me and I had no other option but to file BK13.

The BK stopped the IRS garnishment and dropped my monthly payments to $325 with 100% repayment over 5 years, which was actually pretty comfortable, especially after 6 months of practically living at a poverty level income with the garnishment.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't even had a consultation yet... I'm just anxious to know if I will be able and how hard life will be for me
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you been in bankruptcy
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was a 100% payback for 5 years. Filed Sept 2011.  Paid it off in 4.  Discharged Dec 2015.  Almost to my 7 years and its off my reports!!! 

$40K (most of which were student loans).  My payment was $890 a month.  EXTREMELY manageable; just have to budget and be OK with not having or getting everything you want.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't even had a consultation yet... I'm just anxious to know if I will be able and how hard life will be for me

Try not to dwell on it.  It might go better than you think.

My payments wre $350/month and I also stripped my second mortgage.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

MAKE SURE you don't qualify for a 7. Talk to a few attorneys and see what they have to say.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

how did your score manage to jump that far that fast 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.