Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"what are your payments, ch 13,"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "what are your payments, ch 13,"

How did you pay it off early?  I was told that once you get in thats it.. What happened to you student loans. I also read that is one thing that is hard to rmove in a bankruptcy.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also thinking that. I have just been anxious ever since I set up the consultaion. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant afford the 1500 up front thats my only problem. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

in filing a chapter 7?

if so, you need to figure that out. Not paying your bills should hopefully be freeing up some money. my attorney was 3 grand and it was crazy how fast you can cobble it together when the need is pressing.

repaying thousands of dollars in a Ch 13 because you don't have $1500 now would be ridiculous.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

in filing a chapter 7?

if so, you need to figure that out. Not paying your bills should hopefully be freeing up some money. my attorney was 3 grand and it was crazy how fast you can cobble it together when the need is pressing.

repaying thousands of dollars in a Ch 13 because you don't have $1500 now would be ridiculous.

So for mine some of the attorney fees were apart of the Chapter 13.  Not sure how that worked but nobody complained.  I had to pay him some outside the plan too.

As you said if you are filing just stop paying your bills and use that money to pay the attorney.  The only issue is that if the Chapter 7 or 13 doens't work out then you are even further in debt and could have used that money to help pay your creditors.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

in filing a chapter 7?

So for mine some of the attorney fees were apart of the Chapter 13.  Not sure how that worked but nobody complained.  I had to pay him some outside the plan too.

As you said if you are filing just stop paying your bills and use that money to pay the attorney.  The only issue is that if the Chapter 7 or 13 doens't work out then you are even further in debt and could have used that money to help pay your creditors.

This is standard for a 13 as far as I know.

I've heard of some 7 attorneys doing payment arrangements. Mine didn't because he said my bankruptcy would technically discharge any unpaid amounts I still owed! We did the prep work on my 7 as I was paying him off and he filed when I made my last payment.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you pay it off early?  I was told that once you get in thats it.. What happened to you student loans. I also read that is one thing that is hard to rmove in a bankruptcy.

The student loans were paid off through the plan.  I owed interest after I was discharged though.  Paying that off now through Navient.  I was in a 13 as you mentioned...they didnt get removed, they got PAID as I PAID the trustee, he paid my debts.  I paid it off early is how I paid it off.  I kept checking to see how close I was and then just paid it off.  Called the trustee, asked how much to payoff right now?  Done.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

in filing a chapter 7?

This is standard for a 13 as far as I know.

I've heard of some 7 attorneys doing payment arrangements. Mine didn't because he said my bankruptcy would technically discharge any unpaid amounts I still owed! We did the prep work on my 7 as I was paying him off and he filed when I made my last payment.

Correct.  I forgot they do treat each one differently.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.