Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting IIB not included

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

reporting IIB not included

I had several student loans.  Specifically 8 with Citibank and they sold 6 of those to the guarantor.  When I pulled all three cr it shows on all three that 8 citibank student loans have a zero balance and show IIB and discharged in Chapter 7.  The other two companies that I have student loans with show current on payments and do not say IIB.  Is this to my advantage?  What do i do about Citibank demanding payment because they say they are not part of the bankruptcy? 

I do not want to pay if I do not have to and I know student loans are not IIB but what do these say this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: reporting IIB not included

I had several student loans.  Specifically 8 with Citibank and they sold 6 of those to the guarantor.  When I pulled all three cr it shows on all three that 8 citibank student loans have a zero balance and show IIB and discharged in Chapter 7.  The other two companies that I have student loans with show current on payments and do not say IIB.  Is this to my advantage?  What do i do about Citibank demanding payment because they say they are not part of the bankruptcy? 

I do not want to pay if I do not have to and I know student loans are not IIB but what do these say this?

I would think that if the loans not showing IIB are positive, then make your payments and go with it.  IIB is a negative comment.  Student loans are not discharged in a BK.  You will owe them no matter what.  But if Citi sold them to another lender, then get that informtion and start the payments.  Do not default on those student loans.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.