Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trustee meeting in the past!!

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

trustee meeting in the past!!

So, i just finished up my trustee's meeting on August 30th.  The Labor Day weekend felt great just afterwards, stress-overload was eliminated.

OK, so I'm not on my way to try and start rebuilding, pre-discharged.  I've read about trying the pre-qualified offers with Captial One and was denied.  Same for Credit One.  No offers matched.

Needless to say, Im discouraged.  

Is there a way to succesfully start rebuilding prior to recieving my discharge?

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: trustee meeting in the past!!

Did you file a Ch 7?

If so, you have only been in BK about 30 to 45 days.  Normally the 341 meeting is held about 30 days after filing.

IMO you haven't given it enough time for your accounts to report correctly on your CR. It's not going to be that long before you get your official discharge...why don't you wait until you actually have the discharge showing on your CR? It will make it much, much easier to get credit. Credit One is pretty lenient about providing credit after your discharge.

Message 2 of 6
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I filed Chapter 7 on July 29.  I have my trustee's meeting on August 30.  

I know it has not been a long period of time - I've never been the kind of person with much patience.  I would love to start rebuilding now instead of waiting for my discharge in 60 days.....2 months ahead of the game sounds better to me.

I may look into a secured card from my local Credit Union.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 3 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@grassfeeder wrote:

Yeah, I filed Chapter 7 on July 29.  I have my trustee's meeting on August 30.  

I know it has not been a long period of time - I've never been the kind of person with much patience.  I would love to start rebuilding now instead of waiting for my discharge in 60 days.....2 months ahead of the game sounds better to me.

I may look into a secured card from my local Credit Union.

You have just had your trustees meeting not even a week ago.  Your credit report hasn't had an opportunity to fully update to show accounts IIB with a zero balance.  With the exception of a secured card, why do you think someone will give you credit before your discharge?  What if something happens and you can't get discharged on this filing and then you have to file a new case?  Guess what?  You can include the new creditor who just gave you some credit.  That is why I think it will be difficult, a waste of inquiries and lowering of your score for you to move forward at this time.  You need to walk the same walk that everybody else has and just wait for your discharge and make sure that your accounts are listed as they should.  This would give you a far better chance of beginning to rebuild your credit than trying in the middle of your case.  

PATIENCE MY FRIEND.....it will pay off for you in this case.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 6
Comet21
Regular Contributor

I agree. You don't have to wait until you are discharged but it does not hurt. You need to wait until your CR are updated. If you still have the same bad credit as before you filed because your BK is not reporting then NO ONE will approve you.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I know you're all correct......it's just the sitting and waiting that is killing me.

I did obtain a secured card through my credit union so I can start slowly with that.  Just a $500 CL so I'll be sure to charge no more than a dinner out and PIF once the statement comes.  Just been trying to get something going.

My discharge should come by the end of October, and I'm assuming there will be at least a month delay from that before I see my credit reports show more accurately.

Would it be beneficial to pull them, say next month and see how they're starting to report to get a heads up on who's already reporting correctly, and who it not?

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.