Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trustee meeting

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

trustee meeting

What exactly goes on in the trustee meeting?  how intense are they?  how in depth do they get?  Kinda freaked out about the entire thing to be honest.....

Any insight would be great.....

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: trustee meeting

My Trustee meeting was boring.  The most difficult part was finding a place to park as it was held in Detroit Federal Building.

Trustee puts you under oath and asks questions like, " do you have accounts other than what you have listed?  Assests? Did you give away anything over $100 in the last six months?  He asked me 4 questions withing 90 seconds and I was gone.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 2 of 11
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

i was in and out. took maybe 10 min. i was a bk7 no assets. after my lawyer says OK your all set wait for your discharge in mail 60 to 90 days.
i also recommend getting a Pacer account. you can look over your case and see if any objections are filed and also check your status ect.
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 3 of 11
Comet21
Regular Contributor

I agree with the others. The trustee meeting was actually the easiest part of the BK process. I was really nervous going in but had a since of relief once it was finished

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

glad to see these replies......I'm freaking out about how this is going to go.  Worried the guy/lady may be a hard ass about things and want me to sell off all my stuff to cover debts.....

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 5 of 11
riverbluffer
Established Member

I filed a no asset chapter 7 BK in April and I was nervous about the 341 meeting as well.  I had never done anything like this before and the unknown was kind of scary.  My 341 meeting took less than 3 minutes because there was nothing special about my case.  My trustee just confirmed the information in my BK petition and sent me on my way.  

Usually creditors do not show up to the 341 meetings and you do not have to worry.  Depending on the complexity of your case, your trustee may question you about your assets and your debt obligations, but really the trustee is just wanting to make sure you are not abusing the system.  If the trustee finds anything shady about your case then they can have it dismissed or converted to a different chapter of BK.

All in all, I would not worry about your creditors meeting.  It is usually a piece of cake!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Not the purpose of the 341 meeting in Chapter 7. If there were any potential problems your attorney would let you know beforehand. It is easy for me to say this now, but I was the same way.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I found this helpful. I have my 341 meeting in a week and I am a nervous wreck!!!! Mine is basically a Chapter 7 with no assets, besides a leased car I am keeping. Just filing on a ton of medical bills and credit card debt. I am hoping mine is a piece of cake like the rest yours have been!

Message 8 of 11
jllunas
Contributor

Don't worry. Mine took maybe 5 minutes. The hardest part was finding a place to park, and waiting for my turn.we were  the last case of the day .

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 9 of 11
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

I spent more time waiting my turn than anything else.  my meeting was held in a basement.  we were all packed into a small room like sardines lol.  i got to hear alot of the other cases and i knew what i was going to be asked.  my lawyer was there with us.  he had 6 clients at the same time he represented.  i was asked for my drivers license to show proof of who i was.  the guy asking questions was really nice.  he asked everyone the same thing and my lawyer sat beside me.  i think i was asked 5 questions and then it was over. noone i was filing on showed up to the meeting.  i waited on my discharge papers in the mail after that.

07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.