Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I STAAART

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

where do I STAAART

where do i start?? well I had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy june of 2019 becuase,I started losing everything once i got sick.

My credit took a big fall before that i was always current and never missed a payment before i lost my job.now here i am after discharge Nov.1.2019

and i find myself lost on what to do next i read alot of stories on here daily and find myself getting discouraged, because i cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

so, as far as i can remember, I burned captial one i had 2 cards with them I cant really recall how much for if i can round it up maybe for about 7,000

navy federal credit card i burned of 9,000 they did allow me to get back my  checking  and savings account.

macys i burned for 1,000 maybe alil more

amazon i burned for 2,000

fingerhut 1,900

apartment for about 3,000 after all the eviction fees.

and i also have santander car loan that i still owe 11,300 from 13,000 it was included in my bankrupty but i still pay which im trying 

to get a new car loan because i cant seem to get ahead of my car note is 285.00 and i try to atleast 485.00 and my balance still isnt moving. I should mention i  have had the car for 2 years now.

I opened up a credit builder loan for 1100 85.00 a month and opensky credit card for 200

what should i do next?? 

excuse me for being all over the place im finally letting this all out of my head as i go after pondering and stressing for months.

my credit scores after discharge are  exp 525 Trans 545  EQ 545  some but now all started reporting correctly but im still waiting for a full updated credit report.

thanks all for reading.

my goal is really to get a new car loan or should i just ride it out with what i have 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Hut1
Established Contributor

Re: where do I STAAART

Hi and welcome to the forums! 

We certainly have some ch7 BK gurus that can assist your next steps, but let me just say that a fresh DC is certainly not going to weild you any favorable results on a new car loan. If anything, your terms may be worse. 

Sit back, relax and the experts will be here shortly. 

download

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

discharge Nov.1.2019

I burned captial one

navy federal credit card

macys i burned

amazon i burned

fingerhut 1,900

apartment for about 3,000

santander car loan that i still owe 11,300 from 13,000 it was included in my bankrupty. Did you reaffirm the car loan?

I opened up a credit builder loan for 1100 85.00 a month Since you already have a car loan. You didnt need another loan. Doesnt help much.

my goal is really to get a new car loan or should i just ride it out with what i have 

This depends on if you reaffirmed or not with Sandtander. New car loans will come fter gettig your scores up. Higher your scores. Lower the interest rate.

Basically you need some credit cards to build back up your profile. With your scores it will have to be secured to get started. Check the Disco, Merrick Bank, Citi, TD bank pre-quals for their secured cards. Cap1 doesnt graduate. You never mentioned a CC. All it was about is a new car. First things first. But the best answer will be if you reaffirmed the Santander loan or not.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, no i did not reaffirm my car loan, my car is no longer reporting or even on my credit reports anymore

does that make a diffrence with the credit builder loan? i also keep getting denied for secure  credit cards.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Getting a new car loan right out the gate probably wont happen. You'll have to to get a used vehicle for a while. You can try Cap1 auto navigator pre-qual and see what they will offer. If pre=approved you can even shop on that site for local dealers they have contracts with. Grab an Open Sky secured. No HP and everyone is approved. Have you tried Merrick bank? You have to start at thebottom to make it to the top. It will happen faster than you think. Yes the credit builder loan is helping now. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.