cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

I got an instant approval on my business Amex app...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Approved-for-my-First-Business-Card-Whoo-hoo/m-p/177...

I think I read somewhere that the business platinum requires revenues over 1M. Amex used to have a card selector tool where you could plug in your business revenues and it would hi light the cards within the criteria...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

@webhopper wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Approved-for-my-First-Business-Card-Whoo-hoo/m-p/177...

I think I read somewhere that the business platinum requires revenues over 1M. Amex used to have a card selector tool where you could plug in your business revenues and it would hi light the cards within the criteria...

Thanks webhopper thats good info to know

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 29
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Do you mean revenues over 1M to get an instant approval, or over 1M to be approved at all?  I would be shocked if you couldn't get a business platinum with less than 1M revenue.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 29
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I was approved for my Business Gold Rewards with revenues of less than 1MM. I selected $500,000 to $999,999 as a very conservative number at the time. I was offered an upgrade about 4 months from the Gold to Platinum Business and accepted. At the end last year revenue was above 1MM but they still don't know that figure. I'm guessing their revenue figure is much lower that we think for the approval process. 

Someone can follow my path if in doubt and seek and upgrade after a few months of usage - or just apply for it as I should have done. 

Message 24 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with scenery guy. I got PRG personal card in January and had an offer to upgrade to platinum by end of march.
FICO 9:

Message 25 of 29
rlx01
Established Contributor

FWIW, it took 10 days for my AMEX Biz Plat to be approved (for a well known company with good revenues).

I don't know if they instantly approve business charge cards (I don't have any experiences that say they don't), but I was instantly approved for all personal cards with AMEX.

Message 26 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:

FWIW, it took 10 days for my AMEX Biz Plat to be approved (for a well known company with good revenues).

I don't know if they instantly approve business charge cards (I don't have any experiences that say they don't), but I was instantly approved for all personal cards with AMEX.

Good to know! Thx for sharing

FICO 9:

Message 27 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Just wanted to update this thread, and sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately, no dice...and it had nothing to do with minimum company revenue requirements.

At the time they drew my Experian score, it was 716 : /

Unfortunately, I think my 2 extremely recent credit card openings really hurt me...PLUS I was boneheaded and applied while one of my cc's was at 90% utlization...should have payed it down first. 

They said the score, plus recent inquiries, and me not having a long history with Amex (JUST got their blue card 2 weeks ago) lead to their decision. 

And I'm fine with that.  With these 2 recent cards, I have no doubt that I can build up my score quite quickly, and will re-apply again in another 6 months or so.

Thanks again to all the replies!

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 28 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ninjacookies wrote:

Just wanted to update this thread, and sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately, no dice...and it had nothing to do with minimum company revenue requirements.

At the time they drew my Experian score, it was 716 : /

Unfortunately, I think my 2 extremely recent credit card openings really hurt me...PLUS I was boneheaded and applied while one of my cc's was at 90% utlization...should have payed it down first. 

They said the score, plus recent inquiries, and me not having a long history with Amex (JUST got their blue card 2 weeks ago) lead to their decision. 

And I'm fine with that.  With these 2 recent cards, I have no doubt that I can build up my score quite quickly, and will re-apply again in another 6 months or so.

Thanks again to all the replies!

Sorry didn't workout but you know what they want now so that's a positive 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.