cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 years on AMEX personal black list and approved for Amex corporate card.

lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

12 years on AMEX personal black list and approved for Amex corporate card.

So...I have been on the Amex blacklist since my bankruptcy in Nov-Dec of 2009. I haven't had a need for a corporate AMEX since then since my jobs since then have used Citi or Chase for corporate cards.

But I just started a new job, (great raise, bonus and stock) but it requires travel. I did searches and the answers came up 60/40 as to whether I would be approved for the corporate card if I was on the personal amex blacklist. (60 percent said yes I would be approved). I went ahead and applied. I got the notice today that I was approved with no restrictions.

I am posting this thread because I know that there are others that have to get corporate amex for work and I want to add my DP in case they wonder if they will have issues.

1. I work for a large fortune 50 company that has a strong relationship with AMEX.

2. The card charges are paid for by my company directly via expense report software if they are travel charges, and I am personally responsible for any late fees, disputes, etc.

3. The application asked for my SS# but did not do any hard pull on my credit reports.

4. The application was approved by the amex program manager at my company first. (routine process, I was not treated differently than non-blacklist applicants)

5. Amex took 2 business days after program manager approved and shipped my card.

6. My personal credit is mid 700 ficos with no baddies.

7. I never defaulted on a corporate amex although I did BK a 10k personal Amex in 2009 BK

I have been granted the usual limit (30k) and no restrictions are on the card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 12 years on AMEX personal black list and approved for Amex corporate card.

Glad you were able to get the Corp AMEX approved!   How recently have you applied for a personal AMEX card, and did you receive an automated denial w/o credit pull ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude I tried applying in September and it was classic blacklist. I got an instant rejection with no hard pull and a reason of "past relationship with Amex".

I try once a year lol.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Moderator Emeritus

@lgtwriter wrote:

@pizzadude I tried applying in September and it was classic blacklist. I got an instant rejection with no hard pull and a reason of "past relationship with Amex".

I try one a year lol.

Got it, that makes sense -- so you might still be on the blacklist, you'll know for certain once you apply again.

Let us know how that goes, and if you decide to try again before next year  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
lgtwriter
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude I am pretty sure I am still on the blacklist. Amex treats corporate cards differently especially for big companies like the one I work for that pay the expenses directly once we fill out an expense report in the Concur app.

I'll definitely post if and when I ever am approved for a personal Amex again Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Moderator Emeritus

@lgtwriter wrote:

@pizzadude I am pretty sure I am still on the blacklist. Amex treats corporate cards differently especially for big companies like the one I work for that pay the expenses directly once we fill out an expense report in the Concur app.

I'll definitely post if and when I ever am approved for a personal Amex again Smiley Happy

Agree that the AMEX corp cards are different, you're liable but the corporation is the primary account holder.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.