cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Amex Business Cards for same business?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Amex Business Cards for same business?

Hello,

I have a few questions about Amex business cards and would appreicate any help!

1) I applied and got approved for the Amex BBP in September 2018 for starting a small consulting business (mostly for consulting friends and colleagues). I saw the Marriott Bonvoy Business and I'm highly considering it, but I only have one business - Will Amex be okay with this? I don't want to piss them off haha. I only have 1 other Amex revolver, personal Delta card.

2) Does Amex report to the business bureaus? If so, which ones because I have not found my information on Experian's Business profile.

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Amex Business Cards for same business?

A buddy of mines has two new Amex cards for his business but as far as the reporting goes, I am unsure.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thanks for the help. I hope someone has some insight about the confusing reporting!

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

1) I applied and got approved for the Amex BBP in September 2018 for starting a small consulting business (mostly for consulting friends and colleagues). I saw the Marriott Bonvoy Business and I'm highly considering it, but I only have one business - Will Amex be okay with this? I don't want to piss them off haha. I only have 1 other Amex revolver, personal Delta card.

2) Does Amex report to the business bureaus? If so, which ones because I have not found my information on Experian's Business profile.

Thanks for the help!

1. Yes you can have more than one Amex business card for the same business. Mine has 4.

2.  Sorry, I don't know which business credit bureau it reports to.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 6
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I have a Gold Charge Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card.

Key with AMEX is 5 TOTAL revolvers.
I had to close one of mine to get approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Business.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the help!

I do believe they report to D&B. My CLI denial letter a few weeks back actually had on the letter stating they checked EXP (score), and D&B. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.