Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 more Amex Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 more Amex Cards

I've been gardening since November 2018. Haven't been able to decide on a Charge Card for awhile. Couldn't justify annual Fee on the Gold or Platinum based on my business needs and spend.

Finally decided on the Plum Card. Made the most sense.
Based on 2/90 Rule I picked up the Blue Business Cash Card @ $2,000 as a revolver.
FICO 8 690 Experian 14 Inquires 2yrs/ AAOA 4yrs 6m
I now have 3 Amex Business Cards. I put a lot of spend on my Bonvoy, was in San Diego for a full week last month and that's the card I used the entire time.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 more Amex Cards

Congratulations!!! I just got the BBC last week and will go after the Platinum late December. As my business spend goes up significantly Jan-May every year.

I also have 2 Simply Cash+ cards for 2 different businesses. AMEX is awesome when building business credit.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree! Congrats to you as well.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Don't forget about the 61 day CLI.  

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder. I've never been able to get one due to past BK I'm guessing on personal side. I'm 7yrs post this year so maybe I'll get one. My Bonvoy I'm waiting 90days since my last denial will be in November. BCE Card been sitting at 500 since 2017. Smh
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that the Plum card was no frill/no rewards card, which makes the AF kinf of high compared to other cards that do?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought that the Plum card was no frill/no rewards card, which makes the AF kind of high compared to other cards that do?

There was no annual fee in my offer when I applied. It may be 0 annual fee for 12 months then $99 after that. I felt most confident getting this card on the first attempt vs the others. I will re-evaluate after a year then maybe go to the Gold card. Platinum doesn't make sense at all for me right now but in 3 years or so perhaps.
Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought that the Plum card was no frill/no rewards card, which makes the AF kind of high compared to other cards that do?

There was no annual fee in my offer when I applied. It may be 0 annual fee for 12 months then $99 after that. I felt most confident getting this card on the first attempt vs the others. I will re-evaluate after a year then maybe go to the Gold card. Platinum doesn't make sense at all for me right now but in 3 years or so perhaps.

It always pays to do a bit of research beforehand.  While Plum typically has the 1st year intro without the AF, after the first year it's $250, not $99.  Also, be aware that this is a charge card, with slight flexibility on payments (60 days), but it's not a revolver.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I did a comparison of the plum vs the gold card beforehand. I'm aware that it's a charge card which is what I wanted. I liked the 0 fee for the first year in case I wanted to swap it out later. Slight mistake on the $99/$250 after first year but I do research on every card up front after I read the forums. Thanks again for the input.
Message 9 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.