Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 rule include PLOC / Installment loan ? - Chase Ink Business card

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

5/24 rule include PLOC / Installment loan ? - Chase Ink Business card

Does anyone know if the 5/24 rule applies to installment loans / PLOC ?

I am counting my past 2 years and found 1 PLOC from Discover Loans at 1 year old - does that account count towards the 5/24 rule ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 5/24 rule include PLOC / Installment loan ?

Unless something changed recently a PLOC is a revolving credit line which will count towards your 5/24 status. With that said I've read a few datapoints here and there where either Chase didn't count it or the customer got lucky when applying at 5/24 when including a PLOC on their credit reports. Perosnal loans don't count towards the count it has to list like a credit/charge card

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

I am counting my past 2 years and found 1 PLOC from Discover Loans at 1 year old - does that account count towards the 5/24 rule ?

It does apply to PLOC's and does not apply to installment loans.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@4sallypat wrote:

@4sallypat-- AFAIK, Discover does not offer Personal Lines of Credit (PLOCs). They have their standard flare of CCs and Personal Loans, but not PLOCs.  Are you getting the term/acronym mixed up?  A PLOC allows you to make multiple draws from it and revolves much like a credit card in some cases (no grace period).  A personal/installment loan does not revolve (i.e. fixed payments/maturity).

Can you clarify/confirm?  How is it showing on your CRs? If it's a personal/installment loan, it should not be reporting as a PLOC.

Message 4 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@4sallypat wrote:

@4sallypat-- AFAIK, Discover does not offer Personal Lines of Credit (PLOCs). They have their standard flare of CCs and Personal Loans, but not PLOCs.  Are you getting the term/acronym mixed up?  A PLOC allows you to make multiple draws from it and revolves much like a credit card in some cases (no grace period).  A personal/installment loan does not revolve (i.e. fixed payments/maturity).

Can you clarify/confirm?  How is it showing on your CRs? If it's a personal/installment loan, it should not be reporting as a PLOC.

Your correct @FinStar the Discover loan I have is an installment loan with fixed payments.

There is no multiple draw ability so it's not a PLOC.

Thanks for the clarification.

I am now under 4/24 and will be applying for the Chase Ink Business card.

Will the Chase Ink business card count towards the 5/24 rule or merely allow me to apply without fear of rejection ?

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 5/24 rule include PLOC / Installment loan ? - Chase Ink Business card

@4sallypat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@4sallypat wrote:

Your correct @FinStar the Discover loan I have is an installment loan with fixed payments.

There is no multiple draw ability so it's not a PLOC.

Thanks for the clarification.

I am now under 4/24 and will be applying for the Chase Ink Business card.

Will the Chase Ink business card count towards the 5/24 rule or merely allow me to apply without fear of rejection ?

Thanks for confirming @4sallypat.

Yes, the 5/24 restriction applies to any Chase personal or business cards.  And, as long as you're confident that you're under 5/24, then you should be able to apply. If you clear the 5/24 hurdle, then the application will be subject to the standard UW review.

That said, moving this thread to the Business Credit section since you mentioned your intention for the Chase Ink CC.

You can update this thread with any relevant DPs and/or the outcome.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.