Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of Amex questions ???

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

A couple of Amex questions ???

Have a a couple of Amex questions ??

1. I have 3 Amex charge cards and 2 credit cards. I have a personal plat, gold business, and a plum.

So far 2014 spent: plat= 80-90k , gold = 280-300k, plum = 40k

For the past 2 months I received like 3-4 calls in the month from Amex saying and suggesting that I get the business gold card underwritten by the underwriters. They say that since we spend alot and our spending has increased by double this is why. (We are expanding)... So like last year we spent like 275k in the year.. This year we will probably put like 600-750k through the gold card. Is it beneficial to be underwritten. ?? The rep stated this will help us. ??

2. This is an off topic question but anyone here think we have a chance to get a business centurion ?? Realistically asking not joking around ?? 1. Spend = over the 250k mark.. 2. Business assets = I don't know what they are looking for ??

I know the fees are crzy but let's not talk about that right now. Lately all I hear is that when cardholders go to request one they get added to the list and that's it. Haven't heard anyone recently get the card. Any thoughts ??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: A couple of Amex questions ???

1. Considering Amex is letting you continue to charge, I assume maybe you are making multiple payments? but either way I can't imagine being underwritten (whatever that means for amex, your taxes for the last year?) would hurt you.

2. and might be a great time to add yourself to the list or get yourself pushed to the front and offered the centurion!

3. out of curiousity why not push everything through the plum? doesn't that earn more than the gold?

4. and if not about earning more and centurion is really what you are interested in, you need to be platinum first I think and you already have one, so why the gold again for your charging?

Message 2 of 11
youngman1234
Established Contributor

1. I never tested my limits on my plat- but I know it's like around 40k. Gold card - 100k and plum - 35-40k. The cards are NPSL but this is what they are confortable to let me charge until they call and say make a payment. They have 2012 taxes returns but my accountant is still preparing 2013 returns. Will be ready by the end of the month we had filed extensions. They stated get underwritten will be allow the business to be pre approved for a set Amount no matter what and will not be based on the personal credit or like the NPSL.

2. If I just am getting added to a list with a maybe future invite. Why waste my time ? I don't see anyone really getting invites when they ask to be on the list.

3. Our plum is like 2 months old..lol the gold has the biggest Internal limit. And we charge the most on it. Honesty I like the gold better the plum is confusing...lol the membership points stink though I have over 600,000 and don't know what to do with them...

4. I heard that you just need to spend over 250k. I have a personal plat and a business gold. I don't care I will be cool with a business centurion... I can't run all business expenses through the personal plat..plus gold card gives me more points...
Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh sorry missed the personal is the platinum vs the gold is the business.

I would do the underwriting if they want to do that and give you a nice limit that works!

I think you have to give up some of the points and upgrade to platinum if you want the centurion offer.... not sure many that have asked to be added to the list are spending a million!

i don't know if there is better use of the points, but I use to trade them in for amex gift cards to give as employee bonuses or to buy other things as bonus... statement credit, hotel gift cards, etc... not sure your business but i mean you could trade in for TV's if you wanted... who knows, dont' think you really earn more than standard redemption no matter how you use them so you my as well use them vs possibly loose them

Message 4 of 11
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Do you think that I need a business plat before going to a centurion ?? I thought they just care about spend. I am willing to go ahead with the underwriting just waiting for my accountant. I also see people spend alot more than I do, in the millions and still never get an invite. Was just trying to find out if anyone else had any luck ??

As for the points redeeming for Amex gift cards stinks... The value is horrible. I wish they had better store gift cards..
Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Do you think that I need a business plat before going to a centurion ?? I thought they just care about spend. I am willing to go ahead with the underwriting just waiting for my accountant. I also see people spend alot more than I do, in the millions and still never get an invite. Was just trying to find out if anyone else had any luck ??

As for the points redeeming for Amex gift cards stinks... The value is horrible. I wish they had better store gift cards..

It's been a long time since I have seen anyone get offered the centurion and I guess you are right, I know a business spending over $500k with no offers and the primary card is platinum so....

Message 6 of 11
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah.. To me if I get a centurion I basically have met most of my credit goals... I would still debate getting it even if I could Cus of the fees. But I guess I'm just over my head I'm nothing special just a lil person that makes no difference to Amex.
Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Yeah.. To me if I get a centurion I basically have met most of my credit goals... I would still debate getting it even if I could Cus of the fees. But I guess I'm just over my head I'm nothing special just a lil person that makes no difference to Amex.

that would be a great use of your points, trade in for statement credit to pay the AF! LOL

Message 8 of 11
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Lol... Def I would go for that..
Message 9 of 11
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
1. I never tested my limits on my plat- but I know it's like around 40k. Gold card - 100k and plum - 35-40k. The cards are NPSL but this is what they are confortable to let me charge until they call and say make a payment. They have 2012 taxes returns but my accountant is still preparing 2013 returns. Will be ready by the end of the month we had filed extensions. They stated get underwritten will be allow the business to be pre approved for a set Amount no matter what and will not be based on the personal credit or like the NPSL.

2. If I just am getting added to a list with a maybe future invite. Why waste my time ? I don't see anyone really getting invites when they ask to be on the list.

3. Our plum is like 2 months old..lol the gold has the biggest Internal limit. And we charge the most on it. Honesty I like the gold better the plum is confusing...lol the membership points stink though I have over 600,000 and don't know what to do with them...

4. I heard that you just need to spend over 250k. I have a personal plat and a business gold. I don't care I will be cool with a business centurion... I can't run all business expenses through the personal plat..plus gold card gives me more points...

Travel? Transfer to partner airlines and hotels. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.