Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA Aviator Approval

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: AA Aviator Approval

Congrats. I know the feeling. After approving my Uber Visa they have been unreceptive to any other apps. I'm waiting until my Uber Visa hits one year (few months). 

nice sl!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  I just had my last denial a week ago for the same card with similar profile with less new cards.  5th try maybe?  I might call recon but otherwise I'm giving up on them.  I already have the Citi AA business and while they have 4-5 cards I'd get simply for the SUB they have none I want to keep long term.  

Truth is, because of all the previous denials, I ended up getting both the personal and business Citi AA cards. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do, but most likely, I'll upgrade to the Citi AA Exec card and keep this business card. The earnings on office supplies, 5% bonus and EQDs make it a better match than Citi's. 

I fly nonrev (employee spouse) on AA and I'm an AU on an AA Exec card.  I like having an AA card to board a bit quicker but don't need it for ongoing spend, so literally any AA card works for me.  I'd like to have the stash of miles from the SUB in my account though "just in case."

Message 12 of 15
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Congrats. I know the feeling. After approving my Uber Visa they have been unreceptive to any other apps. I'm waiting until my Uber Visa hits one year (few months). 

nice sl!

Thanks!

Ironically, I got my Uber card in the beginning of 2018. Every app after that was a denial. Almost 2.5 years later, I got this card and closed Uber after moving its limit. I had no intention of using it after they changed the rewards program. 

Message 13 of 15
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  I just had my last denial a week ago for the same card with similar profile with less new cards.  5th try maybe?  I might call recon but otherwise I'm giving up on them.  I already have the Citi AA business and while they have 4-5 cards I'd get simply for the SUB they have none I want to keep long term.  

Truth is, because of all the previous denials, I ended up getting both the personal and business Citi AA cards. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do, but most likely, I'll upgrade to the Citi AA Exec card and keep this business card. The earnings on office supplies, 5% bonus and EQDs make it a better match than Citi's. 

I fly nonrev (employee spouse) on AA and I'm an AU on an AA Exec card.  I like having an AA card to board a bit quicker but don't need it for ongoing spend, so literally any AA card works for me.  I'd like to have the stash of miles from the SUB in my account though "just in case."

Lucky you! My cousin gets some free trips thanks to a now retired relative. I'm not too familiar with how it works, but he gets put on standby at the airport. A few times, he had to go back home because all flights were packed and he couldn't get a seat on the plane. Then, he'd try the following day and so on. I believe that's only happened for international trips, though. 

I'm also trying to replenish my AA account. This SUB will get me about 250k miles that I'll probably need for a future redemption. Just crossing fingers the number won't go up when I'm ready to book.

Message 14 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.