Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

I always thought or from what I've learned on here and with past experience with my other AMEX accounts, it's a HARD PULL if approved and SOFT PULL if declined, right? Well, apped for the Business Blue Plus but declined due to max number of revolvers allowed. No credit pull. So, I decided to get the Business Gold Rewards with 50K MR points. First, application never showed up on the online application status check. I figured it was declined due to no credit pull from Experian. It took about 5 days to get a response from AMEX that I was approved, THEN the application showed up on the online status check. It's been about 11 days, still no credit pull fom EX. I did notice I have a new FICO Score on AMEX website at the time when I apped for the Gold Rewards. All my previous AMEX cards were shipped via UPS and I'd get a notification when it's mailed and it's usually within the following day from approval. This one came in regular mail, which was fine. And even before I got the card, they already enrolled me with Pay Over Time with $35K limit. 

Is this something new? My EX FICO is now at Very Good level at 741 after staying for months at Good with 639. Regardless, I am very thankful with AMEX. 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

Congrats on the Business Gold approval.  The no HP for new applications for existing customers has been going in for a while now and many of us have been approved for a new card with no HP.  It is great that they are using their recent SPs for new applications.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. I was approved for the SPG Sunday and never got  a hard pull. Loving Amex...

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh.... Thanks, Irish. Somehow, this is the first time this happened to me. But, I'm glad.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

ps. I was approved for the BCE 3 weeks ago - still no HP.

Message 5 of 34
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats great! Nice job on the approvalSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations GTC471 on the approval! Question do you know if this card reports to your personal credit reports? Or just acts as a strictly business TL? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations GTC471 on the approval! Question do you know if this card reports to your personal credit reports? Or just acts as a strictly business TL? 

It does not report to your personal credit reports unless you default.

Message 8 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Okay Thanks Irish for this information. I keep getting a 50,000 points in my offers when I log on to my account so it's pretty tempting to say the least.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats - they gave me my most recent card without a hard pull as well. Seems to be more common lately.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.