Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last question, when you applied, did you call, or just do it online? 

Thanks! 

Can only answer for myself but I applied online as I assume most others did as well. My g/f did as well and has received no HP either.  No need to call.  Go ahead and apply, it's easy and I'm sure that you'll be approved.  

Thanks Irish, 

Been reading around some other topics and now I am considering a revolver vs the BGR. I have the BCP with a 20k CL, and my other Amex cards are not revolvers, but have had hefty spending abilities. You still confident about that approval? Anyinsight on that? 

I was just thinking it might be nice to have a hidden TL, revolver with no AF like the Blue Plus, or SImply Cash... 

What is your EX score?  Blue Plus is a great card.  Hard to beat 2X MR on every purchase.  It really depends on whether you spend a lot in one category for the BRG and can get tons of points in a 3X category and whether you might need to carry a balance from time to time.

The score Amex is showing me and MyFico is 818. 

You won't have a problem being approved.

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Applying in a bit, will report results. 

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied, got the Business Blue and a 22k CL. 

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied, got the Business Blue and a 22k CL. 

Congrats on the nice approval and limit.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement! 

Message 25 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

All this talk of apping got the best of me...Just went for the Business Gold Rewards and received instant approval!  This is my second charge card with them. Already have PGR,BCE,BCP & BBP cards. No HP alert yet and honestly don't expect one with recent reports supporting this. Might axe the PGR before the fee hits next year.Now to see if they can bump up my 50,000 MR points to 75,000 after I receive the card. Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know the 50k points were tempting, and i pondered that card. I was torn which to get, but decided the hidden TL was more valuable than the points at this juncture. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd app for the BGR as well. 

Congrats on the new card! What is this business about 75k points??? do tell. 

Message 27 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You know the 50k points were tempting, and i pondered that card. I was torn which to get, but decided the hidden TL was more valuable than the points at this juncture. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd app for the BGR as well. 

Congrats on the new card! What is this business about 75k points??? do tell. 

Thanks so much and congrats to you as well. Awesome SL by the way!  I received a targeted mailer for 75k MR points a few months back and ( like a dummy) allowed it to expire. Was thinking about hitting up CS to see if they would apply this to my card offer as a courtesy. It's worth a shot! 

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ended up apping for the BGR as well, and got it, instant approval. I figured, why not, worse they could say was no. 

Message 29 of 34
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ended up apping for the BGR as well, and got it, instant approval. I figured, why not, worse they could say was no. 

Congratulations on the BGR approval! That's one thing I really appreciate about Amex in the fact that they reward existing customers with their credit products without subjecting them to needless HP's. I really hope more lenders will follow this process as well.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.