Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BBC Approval

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

AMEX BBC Approval

After exactly 365 days in the garden, the thrill of sweet, sweet apping is again upon me! American Express used their most recent SP for approval as expected. I did think it over before hand to ensure myself I was willing to take a HP for the card if it happened. Approved for $9,000 @ 19.24% APR (yikes, the highest!) Current cards with AMEX are Delta Gold, opened 9/19, and BCP, opened 5/20. Applied as a sole prop, personal income $65,000, business income used was $5,000. This will replace most of my Citi DC spend as my non-category card. Even though AMEX isn't too picky about what you throw on their business cards, I'll still use my DC for things that I could never possibly justify swiping a business card for. EX score was 751, utilization $92/$73,000, AZEO reporting. I already had $35,000 exposure with AMEX and they did not take CL from one of my personal cards to fund this which made me very happy. Thank you to everyone for answering all of my questions about applying for this card, I appreciate all of you guys! If anyone else would like any other DPs please ask. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 9.41.44 AM.png

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX BBC Approval

Go you!

Congrats 

Message 2 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 12
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AmEx BBC approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

With this card's reward system they just automatically issue a statement credit for cashback earned, right? It's not like the BCE/BCE where it saves up until redeemed yourself

Message 6 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BBC approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 12
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

With this card's reward system they just automatically issue a statement credit for cashback earned, right? It's not like the BCE/BCE where it saves up until redeemed yourself

That's how I understand it from reading about it. I have a checking account with a CU that I use to pool all of my cash back rewards. I redeem all of my cards frequently and just ACH the money from my main checking account over to the extra checking account. That makes keeping all of my rewards in one place super easy. I'll just push the cash back I earn each month over so I can still save it all up if I'd like to. 

TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

That's how I understand it from reading about it. I have a checking account with a CU that I use to pool all of my cash back rewards. I redeem all of my cards frequently and just ACH the money from my main checking account over to the extra checking account. That makes keeping all of my rewards in one place super easy. I'll just push the cash back I earn each month over so I can still save it all up if I'd like to. 

Believe for negative balances which in this case is the monthly rewards you'll have to call them to deposit it in a checking/savings account that's already linked. Otherwise I think paper check is only option. Unless something has changed in that front I am not aware of

Message 9 of 12
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Believe for negative balances which in this case is the monthly rewards you'll have to call them to deposit it in a checking/savings account that's already linked. Otherwise I think paper check is only option. Unless something has changed in that front I am not aware of

So the way I do it is just redeem the rewards as a credit, then take that amount and move it. So I spend $1,000, AMEX throws me a $20 statement credit the next month (or two months if this card is delayed) and then I just take $20 and push it from my main bank to my extra checking because I owe that much less on my next statement. It keeps things simple for me. 

TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.