Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BBP denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BBP denial

I was approved for the AMEX Gold on 5/30.  Have used the card as my daily driver since I got it.  Just got my first statement and PIF the same day, decent amount of spend the first month.  Since being approved for the Gold, I wanted a good card to cover my non category spend.  2 days after the Gold Approval, i app’ed for the EDP, denied.  Reason for denial was “Your FICO score”.  My score at that time listed on the paperwork was 641.  Odd part is, that score was from my first app with AMEX back in April, even before my Gold Approval.  I reconed and asked that they use the more recent score and the app went pending.  Later that day, declined.  I left it alone and decided I would wait until a month on my new account.  I tried for the BBP after my first payment posted to my gold and again was declined after receiving a 10 day message.  Reason for denial this time was 

Our scoring of your credit and other relevant information (see below)

Your FICO® score (EX FICO is 671 Soft pull used from 6/14)

The number of creditors who have reviewed your credit report. (10 INQ total, 3 of which were for an Auto loan in Oct ‘18.

The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short.

Your consumer credit report indicates that you have a serious delinquency on one or more of your accounts.

Im sure that I applied too soon, however was trigger happy.  Any tips on when I should try again?  FYI, I had a CO with AMEX from 2016 that I PIF late April ‘19, so I am happy just being back in with the Gold!  I would really like the BBP to cover all the non category though!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BBP denial

Sorry about your denial.

The card your wanting isn’t going anywhere (at least there aren’t any whispers that it is). Build some history with Amex and you should start seeing pre-approvals. I’d give it at least 3 months. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BBP denial

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry about your denial.

The card your wanting isn’t going anywhere (at least there aren’t any whispers that it is). Build some history with Amex and you should start seeing pre-approvals. I’d give it at least 3 months. 

Good luck! 

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.