cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Biz Plat Frequent Payments

tag
trojanusc

AMEX Biz Plat Frequent Payments

I have a personal plat card with a very high, but very fixed, spending limit. Given the set limit, I often pay the account quite frequently to keep the balance down (1-2 payments/week). Few months ago I was approved for a business plat for my LLC and this card is NPSL. As someone who hates having high balances, I've also been making regular payments on this account (1-3x/week). Is there any reason I should be concerned about this? I've heard from some that this can actually help with the NPSL, but I also don't want to trigger a FR. When I asked customer service, they said it's not an issue and you can make up to for "pull" payments a day via the app. Seems like in today's day and age, people pay far more often - with them even offering the Pay It feature to encourage this. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Biz Plat Frequent Payments

@trojanusc wrote:

I have a personal plat card with a very high, but very fixed, spending limit. Given the set limit, I often pay the account quite frequently to keep the balance down (1-2 payments/week). Few months ago I was approved for a business plat for my LLC and this card is NPSL. As someone who hates having high balances, I've also been making regular payments on this account (1-3x/week). Is there any reason I should be concerned about this? I've heard from some that this can actually help with the NPSL, but I also don't want to trigger a FR. When I asked customer service, they said it's not an issue and you can make up to for "pull" payments a day via the app. Seems like in today's day and age, people pay far more often - with them even offering the Pay It feature to encourage this. Just wondering everyone's thoughts.

I wouldn't worry too much about the biz platinum card, and since it's NPSL then there's really no reason to pay more than once per statement, unless it's more convenient for you.

Since your personal platinum was reinstated after a prior charge off, it's understandable that they're managing their risk with a hard limit.   Maybe over time it'll be converted to NPSL but I would just continue to pay it off frequently as you're already doing.   

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@trojanusc wrote:

I have a personal plat card with a very high, but very fixed, spending limit. Given the set limit, I often pay the account quite frequently to keep the balance down (1-2 payments/week). Few months ago I was approved for a business plat for my LLC and this card is NPSL. As someone who hates having high balances, I've also been making regular payments on this account (1-3x/week). Is there any reason I should be concerned about this? I've heard from some that this can actually help with the NPSL, but I also don't want to trigger a FR. When I asked customer service, they said it's not an issue and you can make up to for "pull" payments a day via the app. Seems like in today's day and age, people pay far more often - with them even offering the Pay It feature to encourage this. Just wondering if everyone's thoughts.

It's not a problem at all 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can make as frequent or as few payments as you like.  Doing this would not lead to an AR.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.