Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Business Cash RSVP

tag
AGG-LA2020
Valued Member

Re: AMEX Blue Business Cash RSVP

I was also denied a CLI on both the ED card and stuck with a $1k CL, and the Amazon Business Prime with a $3k CL,

but got approved for the Lowe's card with another $10k CL a couple of days ago.

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@AGG-LA2020 wrote:

I spoke to an Amex rep before my third business card app, and she said that I could apply for as many cards as I want, both business and personal, as long as I'm approved. She assured me that applying for many cards won't effect my accounts. I found that very strange. Has anyone heard of that before?

@AGG-LA2020 

The agent isn't likely aware of their internal algorithms, but if we're talking about AmEx revolvers (personal and business), eventually some folks will hit a 'cap'.  Very few go above that (profile-dependent of course). The current 'soft' guidance is usually 5 revolvers regardless of mix. Moreover, as you get approved for additional revolvers, you'll also reach an exposure limit, so potentially one card can still be approved but for $2K (if no reallocations occur), for example.

You can have several charge card in both flavors (I can't recall the limit on those at the moment - @K-in-Boston will know).

I believe the soft/standard limit is still 10 charge cards and 5 revolvers.  With my 6th revolver approval earlier this year (Marriott business) I was actually a bit surprised at the $10k limit with no reallocation as they denied a CLI on Delta Reserve just before that.

Message 11 of 12
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Business Cash RSVP

@quikj9 wrote:

Today I received a mailer from AMEX for my 3 month old company with an rsvp code for the Blue Business Cash. 

I don't have a business credit card yet, and I'm interested in getting one to more easily separate my business and personal expenses in addition to earning additional rewards. 

My EX8 of 646 is lower than I would think AMEX prefers, but I'm pre-qualified for all of their charge cards on the personal side. 

I'm more interested in MR points than cash back, but what are my chances for the Blue Business Cash given the rsvp code? Same underwriting for the BBP? 

The underwriting is most likely the same. If you have a letter with the RSVP code, that is most likely an approval. The Blue Business revolving cards aren't as easy to be approved for like the charge cards. So, if you want it, go ahead and apply.

However, if you prefer the BBPlus for the MR points, perhaps you should just apply for that directly since you won't be able to PC from one to the other. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.