Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Business Plus Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Business Plus Approval

Hey everyone, first post here but wanted to say thank you to all who share knowledge on this forum. Today I received one of those “pre-selected” offers from AMEX for the BBP card, I was skeptical because I wasn’t pre-approved when I logged in to my account. However the terms listed on the offer were 0% for 15 months then 12.74%. On top of that 20,000 MR points for $5k in 3 months. I hadn’t seen a SUB for this card yet so I decided to apply and was instantly approved for $22,500! For what I’ve read, many of you like to see the data points upon approval so I will post my Credit Check Total Fico scores tomorrow.

EQ: 729, TU: 747, 753. I dont know if any of that matters since its a business card and Amex didnt pull my personal report at all. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Business Plus Approval

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey everyone, first post here but wanted to say thank you to all who share knowledge on this forum. Today I received one of those “pre-selected” offers from AMEX for the BBP card, I was skeptical because I wasn’t pre-approved when I logged in to my account. However the terms listed on the offer were 0% for 15 months then 12.74%. On top of that 20,000 MR points for $5k in 3 months. I hadn’t seen a SUB for this card yet so I decided to apply and was instantly approved for $22,500! For what I’ve read, many of you like to see the data points upon approval so I will post my Credit Check Total Fico scores tomorrow.

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on the approval .  Great card and bonus

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome SL. Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Congrats! I plan to apply for this and possibly the BGR in a few days. Did you already have a business relationship with them?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yeah, I've had the Business Platinum card with them for 4 years now. I was considering cancelling it recently and applying for the Business Gold Rewards card as it seems to be a better fit for me. However, 2x on everything BBP card was too good to pass up especially with no annual fee. 

Message 5 of 11
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP on the approval!
I got the same approved terms as you.
I’m ditching my business gold for BBP.

Just remember, on the BBP, it’s 2x points for the first $50k spent in a year, not all the time.

It still a great deal.
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pardon my ignorance, how did they know you had a business?

Did you have another business card with Amex already?

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied with my s-corp FEIN.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is your S Corp? How's it credit profile?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not sure about the credit profile for the business to be honest. I need to check into that. 4 years ago, a month before I opened, I applied for the business platinum card. AMEX approved it without any questions or verification.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.