Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

I received a hp that showed up about a week later.  I only had one other account with Amex so maybe Amex did not "know" me as well as some you guys.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 16
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Irish thanks again! And yes Amex is a special kind of lender when it comes down to that specific perk Smiley Wink

@driftless I know the feeling applied for my PRG early this year and recieved a hp a few days later so Im guessing my relationship has strengthened with them now.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 16
mdd0214
Contributor

From what I've seen as a divorce attorney representing a lot of small business owners, AmEx does not care if you use business cards for personal expenses or personal cards for business expenses. I've seen $2M+ per year in legit commercial construction expenses going through a personal card (held by business owner's relative btw so he was an authorized user) and I have seen countless business card statements where the owner is spending significant money on clearly personal items (like flights to Europe for their entire family, spa treatments, ski tickets, whatever). AmEx does not seem to care as long as you're a good customer.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdd0214 wrote:

From what I've seen as a divorce attorney representing a lot of small business owners, AmEx does not care if you use business cards for personal expenses or personal cards for business expenses. I've seen $2M+ per year in legit commercial construction expenses going through a personal card (held by business owner's relative btw so he was an authorized user) and I have seen countless business card statements where the owner is spending significant money on clearly personal items (like flights to Europe for their entire family, spa treatments, ski tickets, whatever). AmEx does not seem to care as long as you're a good customer.

A lot of things could look like a business expense, but I put a haircut on my SPG Business card and they didn't seem to care.

Message 14 of 16
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@BPebbles wrote:

Congrats on the card and nice limit!  I like the 2X MR points and the no AF.  I'm waiting for the bonus to come around again.

Thanks BPebbles! I just missed it be a week. Just from reading through some of the blogs, frugalguy, millionmilesecrets etc, they seem confident in saying this card may never see the bonus points like that offer again in the very distant future so I just went for it. But you never know Amex has been know to suprise us.

I'm not in a rush.  I can wait. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Subexistence
Established Contributor

As a general rule, I don't apply unless a promotional offer is out.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.