cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Business Plus

h2oeng
Contributor

AMEX Blue Business Plus

I'm wanting to pick up the BBP card to fill in the gaps of my personal Platinum and Gold cards for points.  My wife has a side gig, blogging and runs a pod cast.  Most of the compensation is perks (comped rooms at Disney resorts, cruises, etc).  She may make a few pennies here and there but not enough to worry about.  The app for the card wants annual business revenue.  Again, not much there.  Anyone else been in this situation that has one?  If so, how did you handle the revenue question?       

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Business Plus

You can either put what she actually makes or what she projects to make this year.  So although it may not be a lot in reality what she hopes or projects to make could be good enough especially if signing up as sole proprietor.  

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@h2oeng wrote:

I'm wanting to pick up the BBP card to fill in the gaps of my personal Platinum and Gold cards for points.  My wife has a side gig, blogging and runs a pod cast.  Most of the compensation is perks (comped rooms at Disney resorts, cruises, etc).  She may make a few pennies here and there but not enough to worry about.  The app for the card wants annual business revenue.  Again, not much there.  Anyone else been in this situation that has one?  If so, how did you handle the revenue question?       

Does she get a 1099 or similar from any of these companies for the value of this compensation ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
h2oeng
Contributor

Some yes but mostly no.  Most of it was for Disney so things came to hault a few years ago when COVID hit.  It's picked back up some this year though.  She's a flight attendent so it's not about money to her, mostly for fun.  The perks are good though, lol.  

Message 4 of 7
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Personally I only use revenue that I can show documentation for (ie 1099, tax return, bank statements).

Message 5 of 7
h2oeng
Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

Personally I only use revenue that I can show documentation for (ie 1099, tax return, bank statements).

That's my thought which means there's no point in applying for the card.  I don't want to get in a bad spot with AMEX.  My personal income is fine but not so much with her hobby.  The spend on the card would be for personal use anyway.    

Message 6 of 7
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I would add up the value of all those compesnory travel perks and include that in the income.

Stating 10,000 is 10x of stating 1,000 just like stating 20,000 is 10x of stating 2,000.

It can really make a difference in getting a 1,500 limit and one that is 15,000.

Official travel point totals as of 7/29/23 (1,264,664 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 500,112 | IHG One Rewards 184,815 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 101,672 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 84,039 | Citi Thank You 62,555 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 27,709 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Discover CB 18,459 ($184.59)| Lowes Business Rewards 6,780 ($67.80) | Amazon Rewards 2,305 ($23.05)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.