Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Business Gold Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Business Gold Approved!

I have a small business I started in Aug 2018. I already have a Cap1 Spark Classic card for the business(2kSL), but the fact that it reports utilization on my personal score really affected my already average credit score. Even though I'd PIF every month, some months $1k would post which would really tank my score for a month. I really wanted the AMEX Gold business, one for the 4x on categories since that would pay for the annual fee for me, and for the road side assistance, which I use allot in my business. (already maxed out my AAA useages this year.) When I looked at the amex pre-qual site it said I was approved for the everyday card, the delta gold and the gold card. Knowing the amex soft pull on denial situation, my thought was to apply for the every day card, and then apply for the gold business card. When I applied for source of income I listed "Business owner". I was approved for the everyday card (sl 5k) and then it asked if I wanted to apply for the business gold card since I was already prequalified, so I did that too! Time to garden now! Stats: (from credit karma) TU 692, EQ 668. 3 Inq. AAOA: 2yrs. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Business Gold Approved!

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a small business I started in Aug 2018. I already have a Cap1 Spark Classic card for the business(2kSL), but the fact that it reports utilization on my personal score really affected my already average credit score. Even though I'd PIF every month, some months $1k would post which would really tank my score for a month. I really wanted the AMEX Gold business, one for the 4x on categories since that would pay for the annual fee for me, and for the road side assistance, which I use allot in my business. (already maxed out my AAA useages this year.) When I looked at the amex pre-qual site it said I was approved for the everyday card, the delta gold and the gold card. Knowing the amex soft pull on denial situation, my thought was to apply for the every day card, and then apply for the gold business card. When I applied for source of income I listed "Business owner". I was approved for the everyday card (sl 5k) and then it asked if I wanted to apply for the business gold card since I was already prequalified, so I did that too! Time to garden now! Stats: (from credit karma) TU 692, EQ 668. 3 Inq. AAOA: 2yrs. 

Congrats on the new Amex @ultrarnr! It's a great card to have in the lineup. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.