Did you mean: 

AMEX Business Green approved on recon!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AMEX Business Green approved on recon!

Hello everyone!

Well, I finally have back my green card. Yes, I know the green card rewards are not much to write home about, but its something about the green card  that just screams nostalgia too me!  Years ago, the green card had an "elite" feel to it, and I remember my Dad whipping his out 40 years ago, and at that time, it was a status symbol! HAHA..... I had the PGR myself many years ago, and just for personal reasons wanted it back. 

I dont have enough spend (or never will probably), to justify the Gold or Plat with their AF's, plus Im not much of a traveler.  I can swing the green $95 AF, no problem, unitl I decide I no longer need or want the Green card.   After Ive had it for a few years and satisfied my want and challenge of having it back in my hands, I might close it then. 

So, anyways...Got approved for the Cash Plus last month on recon, and decided to try for the Green card later and was declined, reason being "BK". What?! Here we go again....recon time! So, called up, explained that I was declined for BK, but Im past their "5 yr BK rule", and I already have two other cards with them, could they please re-send in my application for a manual review. Of course this was on a late thursday night (8/2/18), and they said wait till the following week to call back. Checked the app status on Monday 8/6, and it changed from declined to approved! 

Got my card today, and I think my hard "limit" is somewhere between $500-$1000, as I put in $2k into the check spending power, and it wasnt approved. Then put in $500, and it was. No big deal, because honestly right now, I'd probably not spend more than $500 a month on it anyways, I was just testing the waters Smiley Happy

So, currently with Amex, I  have BCE,  Biz Cash Plus,  Biz GR,  along with a savings account.  Im happy as can be right now! Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.24.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-14 at 8.07.19 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
mdd0214
Contributor

Re: AMEX Business Green approved on recon!

Congrats! The green card screams nostalgia for me as well. Went to dinner with my 90 year old grandparents recently and they insisted on treating, as always, with their green card. I've never seen them use another card. I think their member date is 1963 or something like that. Enjoy the card!

Message 2 of 4
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.