Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Business Platinum EIN question

tag
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Business Platinum EIN question

How did you apply with no personal guarantee?
Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DapprDwrote:
How did you apply with no personal guarantee?

You can't.  Amex does not offer a no PG option for any of their small business cards.  Neither do most other creditors.

Message 12 of 23
DapprD
Regular Contributor

The OP snootypoodle said:

If I apply for a Business Platinum card (well, I already did), would this impact my personal credit scores since I did not provide my SSN? (I used my EIN)

How is that possible ???

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DapprDwrote:

The OP snootypoodle said:

If I apply for a Business Platinum card (well, I already did), would this impact my personal credit scores since I did not provide my SSN? (I used my EIN)

How is that possible ???

You need to read the whole thread.  The OP was an existing Amex customer so they know his SSN.  I'll say it again, it isn't possible to get any Amex small business credit card without a PG.  The only business cards that don't require PGs are the Corporate cards which were not what the OP applied for.  The OP did PG the card whether he realized it or not when he applied.

Message 14 of 23
DapprD
Regular Contributor

GOT IT!  Thanks @Irish80 !!!

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DapprDwrote:

@GOT IT!  Thanks @Anonymous !!!

You’re very welcome and I apologize I sounded harsh in my response.  I just want it to be clear to everyone so that others won’t apply for an Amex or other creditors’ small business major credit cards (Visas, MasterCards and Amex) and think that they are not PGing the card when they are.  There are a few like the BJ’s Mastercard that can be had without a PG but they are very small in number.

Message 16 of 23
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Do they even pull your business credit?? Would it affect me negatively by using my newly formed llc ein vs my 4yo sole prop ein?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601flyguywrote:
Do they even pull your business credit?? Would it affect me negatively by using my newly formed llc ein vs my 4yo sole prop ein?

No. To my knowledge they do not. Even though you apply using the Business' EIN, you still provide your SSN. Your Sole Prop EIN is your SSN....a Sole Prop is you, doing business as "business name" and is still you. Which is Irish's point, no matter how you apply for an Amex (Small) Business card, there will be a personal guarantee by the applicant. Regardless of how you apply. 

I dont think there is any negative effect. Simply a hard pull on your personal CR for new accounts. 

Hope that clears things up. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@601flyguy

Your Sole Prop EIN is your SSN....

A sole proprietor can have an EIN separate from their SSN (in fact they can have more than one)

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot have more then one attached to you as a sole proprietor.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.