Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Business application limitations

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

AMEX Business application limitations

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations

I could be wrong, and I have never requested a CLI on my Amex personal or business cards, but I am assuming it is the same as for the personal cards: 61 days

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

What was the credit limit you were approved for? If it is $2,500 keep in mind that is the temporary credit line and you will be told what your permanent credit line is when you get your card.

Message 2 of 9
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?

Do you have any other Amex cards ....either personal or business ?

If no.....then you can request a CLI for 3X your SCL in 61 days after activation.

After that only 1 request every 180 days across all AMEX cards ( that means combined biz and personal)

You can apply for two Amex credit cards within every 90 days .

That does not include charge cards.

Charge cards can be applied for at any time.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but I was wondering if Amex pulls personal credit for business cc application ?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry but I was wondering if Amex pulls personal credit for business cc application ?

Yes. 

Message 5 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

If no.....then you can request a CLI for 3X your SCL in 61 days after activation.

After that only 1 request every 180 days across all AMEX cards ( that means combined biz and personal)

The SL is $3k.  Yes, I have had the Delta Gold since 3/19. I do not want anymore personal cards for a while and am interested in a Business Gold charge card. I am not getting any pre-approved biz cards like I do personal cards.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

The SL is $3k.  Yes, I have had the Delta Gold since 3/19. I do not want anymore personal cards for a while and am interested in a Business Gold charge card. I am not getting any pre-approved biz cards like I do personal cards.

Preapprovals on the business side are a little different.  Easiest way to see if you're preapproved is to click on "apply" for the card you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page. If the button to complete the application says "accept this offer" you're preapproved. If it says "submit" you're not preapproved. 

I find the regular preapproval tool on the business side to be a little flakey,  but the language at the bottom of the app is accurate. 

Message 7 of 9
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Preapprovals on the business side are a little different.  Easiest way to see if you're preapproved is to click on "apply" for the card you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page. If the button to complete the application says "accept this offer" you're preapproved. If it says "submit" you're not preapproved. 

I find the regular preapproval tool on the business side to be a little flakey,  but the language at the bottom of the app is accurate. 

Thanks, Sweeper!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.