cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Business application limitations

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

AMEX Business application limitations

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?



“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Established Member

Re: AMEX Business application limitations

I could be wrong, and I have never requested a CLI on my Amex personal or business cards, but I am assuming it is the same as for the personal cards: 61 days

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

 

What was the credit limit you were approved for? If it is $2,500 keep in mind that is the temporary credit line and you will be told what your permanent credit line is when you get your card.

Message 2 of 9
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations


@mikesonthemend wrote:

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?


Do you have any other Amex cards ....either personal or business ?

If no.....then you can request a CLI for 3X your SCL in 61 days after activation.

After that only 1 request every 180 days across all AMEX cards ( that means combined biz and personal)

 

You can apply for two Amex credit cards within every 90 days .

That does not include charge cards.

Charge cards can be applied for at any time.

 

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations

Sorry but I was wondering if Amex pulls personal credit for business cc application ?
Message 4 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations


@Ericguest wrote:
Sorry but I was wondering if Amex pulls personal credit for business cc application ?

Yes. 

Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Green, Cash Magnet, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
Store Cards: Target
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Blue Business Plus, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
Message 5 of 9
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations


@jaxstraw wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?


Do you have any other Amex cards ....either personal or business ?

If no.....then you can request a CLI for 3X your SCL in 61 days after activation.

After that only 1 request every 180 days across all AMEX cards ( that means combined biz and personal)

 

You can apply for two Amex credit cards within every 90 days .

That does not include charge cards.

Charge cards can be applied for at any time.

 


The SL is $3k.  Yes, I have had the Delta Gold since 3/19. I do not want anymore personal cards for a while and am interested in a Business Gold charge card. I am not getting any pre-approved biz cards like I do personal cards.



“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 6 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations


@mikesonthemend wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

Just received my first Amex Biz card. It is the co-branded Amazon Business card. What are the rules regarding new applications and credit limit increases?


Do you have any other Amex cards ....either personal or business ?

If no.....then you can request a CLI for 3X your SCL in 61 days after activation.

After that only 1 request every 180 days across all AMEX cards ( that means combined biz and personal)

 

You can apply for two Amex credit cards within every 90 days .

That does not include charge cards.

Charge cards can be applied for at any time.

 


The SL is $3k.  Yes, I have had the Delta Gold since 3/19. I do not want anymore personal cards for a while and am interested in a Business Gold charge card. I am not getting any pre-approved biz cards like I do personal cards.


Preapprovals on the business side are a little different.  Easiest way to see if you're preapproved is to click on "apply" for the card you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page. If the button to complete the application says "accept this offer" you're preapproved. If it says "submit" you're not preapproved. 

I find the regular preapproval tool on the business side to be a little flakey,  but the language at the bottom of the app is accurate. 

Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Green, Cash Magnet, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
Store Cards: Target
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Blue Business Plus, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
Message 7 of 9
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Business application limitations


@CreditSweeper wrote:


Preapprovals on the business side are a little different.  Easiest way to see if you're preapproved is to click on "apply" for the card you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page. If the button to complete the application says "accept this offer" you're preapproved. If it says "submit" you're not preapproved. 

I find the regular preapproval tool on the business side to be a little flakey,  but the language at the bottom of the app is accurate. 


Thanks, Sweeper!



“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 8 of 9

Re: AMEX Business application limitations

BTW, Congrats!

LLC 4.5 Yrs | Paydex 80 ‐ 7 TL | EX 74 ‐ 5 TL | EQ 406
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.