cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Marriott Business Card - Hard Pull?

tag
Bonzoled
Established Member

AMEX Marriott Business Card - Hard Pull?

Hi

I've received an invitation to apply for the Marriott Business AMEX card, with an 85K points SUB.

I do some business mostly online (buy-sell on eBay, etc.) and I was wandering about a couple

of things:

- As a Sole Proprietor, does AMEX perform a HP on my personal EX credit report to approve/deny the application? Using my SSN to apply, but I already have a relationship with them, and personal cards come after SP.

- Does AMEX report business cards to the bureaus as part of the personal ones?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Bonzoled

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Marriott Business Card - Hard Pull?

Typically they don't HP existing customers....HOWEVER there may be a rare instance when they do so it's always better to expect it and be surprised and thankful if they don't.

As for them reporting to business reports...in my experience, they don't.

Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger on the Marriott Business card.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonzoled wrote:

Hi

I've received an invitation to apply for the Marriott Business AMEX card, with an 85K points SUB.

I do some business mostly online (buy-sell on eBay, etc.) and I was wandering about a couple

of things:

- As a Sole Proprietor, does AMEX perform a HP on my personal EX credit report to approve/deny the application? Using my SSN to apply, but I already have a relationship with them, and personal cards come after SP.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Bonzoled

If you have a personal card, it should be a SP, but that's not guaranteed.  The business card should only report to the business credit report unless you default, then it will show on your personal credit.

Message 3 of 4
Aloha808
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bonzoled wrote:

Hi

of things:

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Bonzoled

If you have a personal card, it should be a SP, but that's not guaranteed.  The business card should only report to the business credit report unless you default, then it will show on your personal credit.

I've only ever had Amex biz cards, and for every app after the first I've never received a HP (knock on wood that that continues).

Active: Retired:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.