Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Business Credit / Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum Business Credit / Authorized User

Hello,

My buddy will be adding me to their American Express Platinum Business with a 100K credit line. While I know being an authorized user on a personal credit score will improve your credit score and utilization, is this the same case for business credit cards? Will my score improve as I am piggybacking off their good payment behavior (pays off full balance every month) and will it increase my credit utilization as I am now a part of their 100K credit line?

I have tried searching for a clear answer to this question but just could not any clarification.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum Business Credit / Authorized User

No. AMEX business cards don’t report to personal credit (unless in default).
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex does not report positive history for business cards to personal CRA's.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

How about credit utilization? Will it help increase it?

I just want to know if there is any beneficial reason to get added.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

How about credit utilization? Will it help increase it?

I just want to know if there is any beneficial reason to get added.

No help with utilization. It will have zero positive effect on your personal credit report. 

Message 5 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

My buddy will be adding me to their American Express Platinum Business with a 100K credit line. While I know being an authorized user on a personal credit score will improve your credit score and utilization, is this the same case for business credit cards? Will my score improve as I am piggybacking off their good payment behavior (pays off full balance every month) and will it increase my credit utilization as I am now a part of their 100K credit line?

I have tried searching for a clear answer to this question but just could not any clarification.

Thank you!

1. I don't know what a 100k credit line means in the context of an Amex Business Platinum card; it's a charge card with no preset spending limit.

2.  No this will have no effect at all on your personal credit. It doesn't report to personal credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

no help in any way

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.