cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plum ?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Plum ?

I cannot find anything good or bad about this card ...
Thoughts ? Experiences? Benefits ? Worth getting ?
Charge card or Credit Card ?

Thank you all in advance !

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Plum ?

I got it. 1.5% cash back & I pay my cards every month anyway.   Other cards offer the same, but if youre w amex its no pull easy add.

I dislike It max'd out in the first day @10k and I had to pay it down to use for another purchase- 1.5% on early payments DO NOT qualify unless you pay post statement cutting within 10 days.  So I didnt get the benefit of a) pay later or b) 1.5% for early payment as I had planned. 

It was embarassing I got denied by my account manager at one manufacturer I purchase 500k+ annually from for a $4k charge lol. I tried using the Amex Business gold afterr- denied.  Found out the charge card limits are linked lmfao. I know the card limit grows but my amex PRG ive got to 50k every other month (assumed that would carry over to the business charge cards).

Ended up calling and paying 4k to make the charge and was able to immediately.  Just wish they considered my other accounts w them when they set the initial limit.

Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

Amex Plum is one of the least favorite non-subprime cards I see on the market.

I see how it can be tempting to apply because approvals are often easy for existing customers.

First year fee is waived but is $250 thereafter.

The card’s features are cash back OR more time to pay.

Instead of getting the Plum card you can essentially build your own Plum card that will allow both features.

Get 2 no annual fee cash back cards, staggering the statement closing dates.

When making a large purchase, put the purchase on whichever card’s statement closed most recently.

Edit: to be clear, my above post is in no way to be extrapolated to be a general criticism of American Express as a company or other American Express products. I have a few American Express cards I am kicking myself for not having applied for years earlier.

Message 3 of 4
Frequent Contributor

@TheRationalConsumer wrote:

Amex Plum is one of the least favorite non-subprime cards I see on the market.

I see how it can be tempting to apply because approvals are often easy for existing customers.

First year fee is waived but is $250 thereafter.

The card’s features are cash back OR more time to pay.

Instead of getting the Plum card you can essentially build your own Plum card that will allow both features.

Get 2 no annual fee cash back cards, staggering the statement closing dates.

When making a large purchase, put the purchase on whichever card’s statement closed most recently.

Edit: to be clear, my above post is in no way to be extrapolated to be a general criticism of American Express as a company or other American Express products. I have a few American Express cards I am kicking myself for not having applied for years earlier.

I actually dont know why I got this card now.  haha.

Going to hit the 30k spend and get my 600$ I guess Smiley Sad 

Message 4 of 4