cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Shortens Please Pay By Date by 10 days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Shortens Please Pay By Date by 10 days?

Just got my current biz gold AMEX card statement, closing date 5/22.  I have been an AMEX customer since 1996 and have 4 cards - 3 biz cards - Gold, Blue and Hilton (don't ask- got it for the stupidly ridiculous signup bonuses) with the following credit lines - fairly unlimited (has been as high as $50k, $4k and $10k.  Also have one unused AMEX personal card - everyday, with $1k credit line.  All have $0 balances except Gold and that is paid off every month.  Current balance on gold is about $1300. 

This question is about Gold card only.  Since the beginning of time, this account has always closed the 3rd week of the month (20th, 21st, 22nd) and has always had a Please Pay By of the 16th of the following month - +/- a day either way. May statement shows Please Pay of the 6th?  Was curious so "chatted" with AMEX CSR....always an interesting experience, who recited the definitions of the Due By, Please Pay By and the Statement Close Date. Smiley Happy  Guessing he assumed I couldn't read the statement.   He had NO explanation for the sudden, and without any notice, change in the Please By Date.  

Has anyone else seen this?  Plan to wait and see what happens with June statement before calling AMEX. 

To answer your questions - have 9 cc's - 4 biz and 5 personal. Have current unused combined personal credit limits across all on personal cards of about $150k. Have 0% utilization on all personal cards, individually and cumulative. Have FICOs of 795/780/785. Have no open loans except mortgage and student loans (currently on deferment as I am in school.)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Shortens Please Pay By Date by 10 days?

Welcome to the forums!  I opened my Business Platinum card in January, and noticed that my Please Pay By date was about only about 14 or 15 days after statement closing as you are seeing on your statement rather than a due date the typical 25 days after statement close.  In a recent discussion on this, it seems that business charge cards (my Delta Platinum Business follows the same 25 days after statement close schedule) have a shorter Please Pay By date when Pay Over Time is not enabled on the account.  Does your card have POT enabled?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Shortens Please Pay By Date by 10 days?

Thanks.  Have been stalking forums for awhile.  Decided it was time to get official. 

POT was enabled.....but now has been disabled?  I will contact AMEX and figure that out.

Thanks for the clue. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.