Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Small Business Loan Pre-Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Small Business Loan Pre-Approval

Does anyone have any experience with these loans? I got a pre-approval email today stating was pre-approved for < $50k @ 6%.

Not in the market but I am curious what if any downsides to these types of loans.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Small Business Loan Pre-Approval

I have no experience with amex loans but i also wohld like to know... i am sure they would want all the docs and reports before they approve..
Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Does anyone have any experience with these loans? I got a pre-approval email today stating was pre-approved for < $50k @ 6%.

Not in the market but I am curious what if any downsides to these types of loans.

I got an offer, was a little wary, didn't really need a loan, but wanted to see how it works. So I tried a $5k loan just to see how it works and see if it was as good as it sounded. It was; it was great. Very low interest, user friendly, no fees. Application process was 1-2-3.

The problem is, I haven't gotten another offer since. So my advice would be, if you could use the loan, ask for the amount that would be really useful, rather than just play around with it, because you don't know when another such offer will come along.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Does anyone have any experience with these loans? I got a pre-approval email today stating was pre-approved for < $50k @ 6%.

I got an offer, was a little wary, didn't really need a loan, but wanted to see how it works. So I tried a $5k loan just to see how it works and see if it was as good as it sounded. It was; it was great. Very low interest, user friendly, no fees. Application process was 1-2-3.

The problem is, I haven't gotten another offer since. So my advice would be, if you could use the loan, ask for the amount that would be really useful, rather than just play around with it, because you don't know when another such offer will come along.

I dont NEED the loan, but there are always projects to fund. Frankly, I am mostly concerned with the CRA reporting. Do these types of loans report to personal, or are they "hidden" like the business credit cards? 

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont NEED the loan, but there are always projects to fund. Frankly, I am mostly concerned with the CRA reporting. Do these types of loans report to personal, or are they "hidden" like the business credit cards? 

It's "hidden"... i.e. pure business.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SouthJamaica, 

I have no need for the loan, BUT its interesting that I can borrow that kind of cash, for those terms and it be "pure business". 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.