cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to get Amex business, but not personal card after BK about 20 years ago, why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Able to get Amex business, but not personal card after BK about 20 years ago, why?

I find it very odd that Amex won't offer a personal card when they approved me for a business platinum card.

I'd like to ask Amex about it but concerned they may pull the business card.

Any suggestions and/or insight?

7 REPLIES 7
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Able to get Amex business, but not personal card after BK about 20 years ago, why?

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it very odd that Amex won't offer a personal card when they approved me for a business platinum card.

I'd like to ask Amex about it but concerned they may pull the business card.

Any suggestions and/or insight?

The AMEX Blacklist is LEGENDARY!  I was on it for 20 years.  I would wait 3-6 months and apply for the Green or Gold.  The underwriting for charge cards is more flexible than revolvers.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Able to get Amex business, but not personal card after BK about 20 years ago, why?

Sounds like a plan. I haven't been able to get anything until July, when I apped for the Biz Plat. However I don't recall previously trying for other business cards, I didn't think there would be a difference between the business and personal but it looks like there is. In my pre-qual section I only see Delta and SPG. Interesting. I just tried for the personal Gold card, but it looks like no rose gold for me haha. I could try for Biz Gold but not interested unless they change the benefits to match the personal Gold.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Streetervillelady

What is the AMEX Blacklist?  How does one get on it? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically saying if your previous bk included an amex account, you are/were on the blacklist.

Not sure on the current details, but amex may not consider you for a personal card unless you pay em back.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it looks like other business cards are still not available. Maybe they are taking a wait and see approach.

Anyway, glad I have the plat, it works great. I also had the balance up to $10k on it, it works like a normal charge card.

Message 6 of 8
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Yeah, they won't give me a personal or business card. They were in my CH13 from nearly 10 years ago and they were paid back in my 13!

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Six months later....

The Biz Plat is alive and well. Still on the blacklist though, can't get any other card, even as an AU on a different account. Maybe they're feeling me out :-)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.