Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting Amex - Hard Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accepting Amex - Hard Pull?

I was looking into accepting Amex for my business to make billing easier for my larger clients.  I started the process of accepting amex (not applying for a card) and got the last page where they talked about pulling info on my company.  The details got a little muddled and I wasn't sure if they do a hard pull of the owner's (my) credit report.  To accept amex cards for payment, will they HP my personal credit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Accepting Amex - Hard Pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking into accepting Amex for my business to make billing easier for my larger clients.  I started the process of accepting amex (not applying for a card) and got the last page where they talked about pulling info on my company.  The details got a little muddled and I wasn't sure if they do a hard pull of the owner's (my) credit report.  To accept amex cards for payment, will they HP my personal credit?

very likely.

Do you have a merchant account already?

you could always get something like Square or Quicken Merchant account which won't pull credit and they accept all the credit card companies for you.

Message 2 of 3
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Accepting Amex - Hard Pull?

They do a soft pull for merchant accounts

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.