Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on First Business Credit Card Without PG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on First Business Credit Card Without PG

I started an LLC for business in Feb 2019 and I am trying to build my business credit.  I presently have 4 Net30 accounts and 2 Gas cards reporting to both Experian and D&B. 

I would appreciate some advice on the best business cards to consider that DO NOT require PG. I have personal scores in the 730s on all 3 CB.

Secured business cards are my first consideration but I am not sure what the best cards for a newbie would be.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Advice on First Business Credit Card Without PG

@Anonymous wrote:

I started an LLC for business in Feb 2019 and I am trying to build my business credit.  I presently have 4 Net30 accounts and 2 Gas cards reporting to both Experian and D&B. 

I would appreciate some advice on the best business cards to consider that DO NOT require PG. I have personal scores in the 730s on all 3 CB.

Secured business cards are my first consideration but I am not sure what the best cards for a newbie would be.

Do you live near a Sam's Club?  Read here about some positive results and techniques.  Good Luck!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Also, if you just don't want the tl reporting on your personal....you can get a Lowe's biz (with a pg) but does not report to personal (at least it doesn't on DH's report) but it's a pretty easy tl to pickup.  We got it in like 3 months ago and I just requested first cli and got it.  So we started low at 1k and then got another 1.5k...not great but not shabby either.  The tl really boosted our scores all the way around.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you live near a Sam's Club?  Read here about some positive results and techniques.  Good Luck!!!!

I actually live 5 mins away from one. I have a membership with them and shop there frequently. I would apply in person at my next visit. Thanks again for your advice.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Also, if you just don't want the tl reporting on your personal....you can get a Lowe's biz (with a pg) but does not report to personal (at least it doesn't on DH's report) but it's a pretty easy tl to pickup.  We got it in like 3 months ago and I just requested first cli and got it.  So we started low at 1k and then got another 1.5k...not great but not shabby either.  The tl really boosted our scores all the way around.

Did you apply for Lowe's online or in person at the store? Was there a pull on your personal profile?

Message 5 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I app'd on DH's name.  I don't remember who they pulled, I'll check and get back to you.  It's was an instant response.

Message 6 of 11
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually live 5 mins away from one. I have a membership with them and shop there frequently. I would apply in person at my next visit. Thanks again for your advice.

Do a search on this forum about the Sams Biz store card and the Sam Biz MC.

Two entirely different cards by Synchrony.

Most Sams employees have no idea about a business MC and no PG.......there are some good pointers in different posts on this biz forum on how to make it go easier.

Good luck.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 7 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

Most Sams employees have no idea about a business MC and no PG.......

Key POINT:  You will have to put your foot down on making them do your app without a PG, no matter what they say.  Make them call in.  Don't give your SS#.  "The Squeaky Wheel" gets the oil.  Just read about posts here that OP's had to push the issue.

Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1.  Wouldn't we need to know what kind of business you have?

2.  Why is it important not to give a personal guarantee?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for my Lowe's business card, I did it online. I believe I had to PG at the time. I'm just getting around to using it. I need to see how it reports.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.