Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx 3x CLI Question

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

AmEx 3x CLI Question

I have a question regarding AmEx's 3x CLI rule.

I plan to ask AmEx for a CLI on my EDP card soon. I'm at 30K and will ask for 35K.

By doing so, will I be precluded from asking for a CLI on my BBC at 91 days?

Thanks.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AmEx 3x CLI Question

Hi @Junejer ,

I am 99.999999% sure that ..it is one CLI every 6 months. (counting all cards together)

Unlike how NFCU does CLI's on each individual card. Hope this helps?

I would go with whatever card that, you would think would yield the largest CLI?

Then move some limits if need be (Re-allocate)

Can move personal to business, but cannot move business CL to personal.

Message 2 of 10
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Previously Approved: Must wait 6 months to request an additional increase.
Previously Denied: Must wait 90 days to make an additional request.

Each card is in it's own timeframe and requests do not apply to your bucket of cards as a whole, at least from today's data.

BUT, get with your favorite Amex CSR and get the lattest deetz. Mine is Anibel. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007wrote:

Hi @ByrdMan ,

I am 99.999999% sure that ..it is one CLI every 6 months. (counting all cards together)

I would go with whatever card that, you would think would yield the largest CLI?

@LP007 wrote:

Each card is in it's own timeframe and requests do not apply to your bucket of cards as a whole, at least from today's data.

BUT, get with your favorite Amex CSR and get the lattest deetz. Mine is Anibel. Smiley LOL

Which of the two bolded sentences is correct?

When I got my personal Amex, I was allowed to ask for a 3x CLI after 91 days or something. Does this not apply on business cards?

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@M_Smart007wrote:

Hi @ByrdMan ,

@LP007 wrote:

When I got my personal Amex, I was allowed to ask for a 3x CLI after 91 days or something. Does this not apply on business cards?

@Junejer, Probably easier to give you this >> "HERE"

Message 5 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks @M_Smart007. That's a heck of a read. I appreciate it.

Message 6 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Hi @Junejer ,

I always thought this was the rule as well @M_Smart007 

I think it was @FinStar that explaining this in previous posts...

Message 7 of 10
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@M_Smart007wrote:

Hi @ByrdMan ,

@LP007 wrote:

theworldmayneverknow-idk.gif

Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@LP007 wrote:

Are there data points showing that has been the case, or did this information come from an Amex CSR?  For years the Amex policy has been that a member may receive one customer-initiated CLI on any one card across all of their business and personal accounts every 181 days, and if denied (for any reason other than asking too soon) must wait 91 days before asking on the same or any other card or they will be automatically denied.  Amex CSRs (and typically those of all other credit card issuers) are generally less knowledgeable of their own policies than credit enthusiast communities and are known to give incorrect or incomplete information. 

Message 9 of 10
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@LP007 wrote:

Are there data points showing that has been the case, or did this information come from an Amex CSR?  For years the Amex policy has been that a member may receive one customer-initiated CLI on any one card across all of their business and personal accounts every 181 days, and if denied (for any reason other than asking too soon) must wait 91 days before asking on the same or any other card or they will be automatically denied.  Amex CSRs (and typically those of all other credit card issuers) are generally less knowledgeable of their own policies than credit enthusiast communities and are known to give incorrect or incomplete information. 

CSR. I cannot lie that the info did sound suspect, but it was what they said on that day. And, true, I could have gone the '4 out of 5 dentist's' route, but I just chatted with the one CSR.

Amx CLI 1.pngAmx CLI 2.png

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.