Did you mean: 

AmEx Amazon Prime Business Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Amazon Prime Business Approval

@Revelate wrote:
Grats Citalix!

Huh interesting that you can open up two Amex business cards in such a short order. I forget was this for a SP or new EIN separate entity?

I don’t know how much business Amazon spend I would wind up doing, but 5% back on AWS could be clutch eventually.

5% back on AWS is definitely the kicker for me but most of my usual amazon spend borders on business expense anyway.  SP here so I used my SS #/PG.  I have read that Amex doesn't report to the CB unless it's negative info though.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LittleSal wrote:
Congrats! I want this card bad.

Was it an instant approval?

Yep. Instant approval. Looks like it's going to be a soft pull since I'm already an Amex member. 

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It, and all AMEX Biz cards, will not report to personal credit reports unless there is default.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have missed it - but do I need to PG this card? 

@Anonymous wrote:
It, and all AMEX Biz cards, will not report to personal credit reports unless there is default.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I may have missed it - but do I need to PG this card? 

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. IIRC all AmEx small business cards are PG. Corporate cards are not. 

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started thinking about this earlier today and wonder - do you think a pre-existing Prime membership (personal or business) can, in any way improve one’s chances of being approved for the business AmEx?  

Its probably unlikely - and fully decided on strictly by AmEx (meaning ones spending habits have no bearing) but I wonder?

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I started thinknkjng about this earlier today and wonder - do you think a pre-existing Prime membership (personal or business) can, in any way improve one’s chances of being approved for the business AmEx?  

Its probably unlikely - and fully decided on strictly by AmEx (meaning ones spending habits have no bearing) but I wonder?

I doubt it has any bearing on approval aside from which card you are eligible to apply for (regular amazon business or amazon prime business). But for the sake of DPs, my spend on my BCE is usually only about $300-$500 a month and none of it on Amazon. Mostly just gas and the occasional non-Wal Mart grocery spend.  My monthly Amazon spend is only about $150 or so unless I have to order medical supplies for my sister which is only about another $100-200. Previous to my application for the Business Prime I was only prequalified on AmEx site for some of the lower tiered cards. Green, Blue Delta, ED. So, the Business Prime might be lower/middle tiered? After approval for the two business cards though I'm now seeing preapprovals for Gold, Platinum, Delta Reserve etc. Nothing in my profile has changed aside from a small decrease in UTL and this month my first credit card of my build reached the 1 year mark (yet still only sits at a $500 limit but that's a gripe for another post). 

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is useful & interesting.  Thx for sharing.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by "PG"?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.