Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Bus Blue Plus w/ Schwab Plat?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Bus Blue Plus w/ Schwab Plat?

Anyone have both the Business Blue Plus and the Schwab Platinum with Amex? I'm wondering if there'd be anything stopping someone from linking the accounts and transferring MR points from the Business Blue Plus to the Schwab Platinum. Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Bus Blue Plus w/ Schwab Plat?

Why would there be anything stopping you? All 7 of my cards are on the same login and automatically share the same MR pool (the MR cards of course).
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer from Blue Business Plus to Schwab Platinum would multiply the 2x from Blue Business Plus to 2.5x in cash with Schwab. I can see why Amex and/or Schwab would be motivated to restrict that, and from what I've read, some Amex products with MR points do restrict point transfer. I have no idea if that applies to either of those two products generally, though, or whether one company or the other would be likely to foresee this multiplier strategy and bar it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a recent DP (and have one as well) that some new AMEX cards are requiring registering for a new account. This can be quickly and easily fixed in chat by logging into the new account, asking to merge accounts, and providing info from one of your existing cards. MR does pool automatically in a multiple card account.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Moved thread to 'Business Credit' for additional exposure.

--UB

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen a recent DP (and have one as well) that some new AMEX cards are requiring registering for a new account. This can be quickly and easily fixed in chat by logging into the new account, asking to merge accounts, and providing info from one of your existing cards. MR does pool automatically in a multiple card account.

This happened on my 2nd business card (the Blue for Business) but did not happen on the 3rd - that one let me add it properly as a 7th card on the same login.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.