Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amax SPG Business Card Limit Decreased from 20,000 to 1900

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amax SPG Business Card Limit Decreased from 20,000 to 1900

This morning i've got emal from amax.  

My Spg Business Card Limit decressed 20000 to 1900.     Such a horrible. (90% decressed)

I alway paid on time and balance was always under 2000 or 0.    This morning balance was only 1500.

My score is 784 now and never paid late negtive history and total credit utilization is 1 %.  (sometimes 8~9 %)

I call amx and they told me, 

1. I have a too many credit inqury

2. Have too many cunsumer finance account

3. Last year too much incressed credit limit

4. Too much balance transfer to amax card account

ok, let me explain, 

Reason 1.  Last year i bought new car and dealer seeking of auto loan (5 different bank) then i was applied 

new credit card 3 times and request credit limit to my another credit card bank (They did hard pull). 

Reason 2. i used to use Affirm for buy small stuffs ($300~$2200) for 7 times.  Then paid off. I guess using Affirm was counted by

cunsumer finance account.

Reason 3.  I was asked to several credit card bank for limit increase. Last year Amax was increased 1 times (15k to 20k) Then declined my another request last week (Declined 2 times)

Reason 4.  Last December I open another business card from amax.   They offer 0% balance transfer until 1 year.

So, i was balance transfer from other card balance to new amax card 10k.    (credit limit was 15k)

Still i don't understand am i a high risk account?    It could be back my credit limit ? is it possible??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Amax SPG Business Card Limit Decreased from 20,000 to 1900

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning i've got emal from amax.  

My Spg Business Card Limit decressed 20000 to 1900.     Such a horrible. (90% decressed)

I alway paid on time and balance was always under 2000 or 0.    This morning balance was only 1500.

My score is 784 now and never paid late negtive history and total credit utilization is 1 %.  (sometimes 8~9 %)

I call amx and they told me, 

1. I have a too many credit inqury

2. Have too many cunsumer finance account

3. Last year too much incressed credit limit

4. Too much balance transfer to amax card account

ok, let me explain, 

Reason 1.  Last year i bought new car and dealer seeking of auto loan (5 different bank) then i was applied 

new credit card 3 times and request credit limit to my another credit card bank (They did hard pull). 

Reason 2. i used to use Affirm for buy small stuffs ($300~$2200) for 7 times.  Then paid off. I guess using Affirm was counted by

cunsumer finance account.

Reason 3.  I was asked to several credit card bank for limit increase. Last year Amax was increased 1 times (15k to 20k) Then declined my another request last week (Declined 2 times)

Reason 4.  Last December I open another business card from amax.   They offer 0% balance transfer until 1 year.

So, i was balance transfer from other card balance to new amax card 10k.    (credit limit was 15k)

Still i don't understand am i a high risk account?    It could be back my credit limit ? is it possible??

I think you should call them and try to get it reversed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Sorry.

Amex seems to be watching CR’s extra close these days.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer and Affirm did it. I have heard when you open a Balance transfer AMX your other AMEX are liable to get re-evaluated
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.