Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Amex Business Card Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Amex Business Card Application

Hey everyone,

During the last week of Decemeber I applied and was approved for an Amex Platnium card by Charles Schwab (personal card) as well as an Amex Business Gold Card (applied using my SSN). I know that Amex has a 2/90 rule and I've read that that only applies to credit cards not their charge cards.

With that being said,  I'm planning to appy for the Amex Amazon Business card using an EIN (haven't applied for any cards using this EIN yet) and I want to see if anyone can confirm that I won't be auto denied for the card becuase of the 2/90 rule. Any advice you all could provide me with would be awesome!

As a note, the two Amex cards I got back in Decemeber were the first cards I established with Amex meaning my relationship with them is about 2 months old.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Amex Business Card Application

I believe Business cards are an exception and don't count toward the 2/90 since the two cards you were approved for are personal. Hopefully someone can confirm that. Good luck on your application!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 5 card Credit card rule is for business and personal cards.  You can only have 5 credit cards.   Charge cards DO NOT count towards that number as they are Charge cards.   You can have however many charge cards but only 5 credit cards no matter if its a business or personal mix.   Have some folks gotten away with 6 or 7 cards.......Sure.   Are the odds in your favor of that happening....NO.   So select the credit cards that you can get benefit from wisely.  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I got approved for 3 Charge cards all within a 3 week time period and 1 Credit card.   So that's proof that you can apply for however many charge cards.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/90 applies to having both business and personal. If you try to aplly for third one in less than 90 days it will automatically cancel your application 

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The 5 card Credit card rule is for business and personal cards.  You can only have 5 credit cards.   Charge cards DO NOT count towards that number as they are Charge cards.   You can have however many charge cards but only 5 credit cards no matter if its a business or personal mix.   Have some folks gotten away with 6 or 7 cards.......Sure.   Are the odds in your favor of that happening....NO.   So select the credit cards that you can get benefit from wisely.  

Just a slight correction here @Anonymous so there's no misinformation.

The majority of individuals may likely only be approved for 5 revolvers whether that's a combination of personal or business CCs.  That said, I have 11 AmEx revolvers with both variants.   So there really isn't an explicit rule or official guidance by AmEx National Bank on the said number so it really isn't about an individual "getting away" with being approved for X number of revolvers. 

AmEx will approve beyond the known 5 as shared by various sources, but it's all profile-dependent. 

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe Business cards are an exception and don't count toward the 2/90 since the two cards you were approved for are personal. Hopefully someone can confirm that. Good luck on your application!

As mentioned upthread, the 2/90 applies to both business and personal revolvers.  But, there's been instances where the latter has been possible to override.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Finstar....Gotcha!

Message 8 of 10
alexgold9393
New Contributor

Follow up question, will there be a HP for the amex amazon business card for current amex (personal) customers? I'm interested in this card and it would benefit me, however, I can't afford another INQ. Any input is appreciated. 

Open Accounts:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexgold9393 wrote:

Follow up question, will there be a HP for the amex amazon business card for current amex (personal) customers? I'm interested in this card and it would benefit me, however, I can't afford another INQ. Any input is appreciated. 

It is possible but not likely. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.