cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Business Amex upgrade 3% to 5% card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Business Amex upgrade 3% to 5% card?

I have the “Amazon Business American Express Card” (3% on amazon) , Can I upgrade it to Amazon Business Prime American Express Card (5% on amazon) (for example, change non-prime amazon account to prime account)?

If the answer is yes, is the 5% automatic when I made a purchase through prime account or I have to call Amex to make a upgrade?

Many thanks,

Jack

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Business Amex upgrade 3% to 5% card?

Once you add prime to your account, it automatically upgrades you.

Message 2 of 7
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the “Amazon Business American Express Card” (3% on amazon) , Can I upgrade it to Amazon Business Prime American Express Card (5% on amazon) (for example, change non-prime amazon account to prime account)?

If the answer is yes, is the 5% automatic when I made a purchase through prime account or I have to call Amex to make a upgrade?

Many thanks,

Jack

I believe you can upgrade, as soon as you pay the prime membership fee. Yes, the 5% is automatic because your prime membership confers that to the card immediately. You'll be sent a new card, the black metal one but I'm not sure if the card numbers will stay the same.

You can call this number 833-674-7268 (the Biz prime card) or the number on the back of your card  to ask your questions. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I upgraded my account to prime, the card immediately changed to 5% card. 

Message 4 of 7
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I upgraded my account to prime, the card immediately changed to 5% card. 

Good for you. Congrats! Did they say anything about the card numbers changing?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The term said there should be no change for the card number.

Message 6 of 7
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The term said there should be no change for the card number.

Ok. Good to know. I'm sure though that the card itself will be upgraded to the black metal card. Thanks for replying. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.