Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Business to Personal and my AMEX Business Amazon Prime credit card

tag
HappyGoLucky4U
New Contributor

Amazon Business to Personal and my AMEX Business Amazon Prime credit card

Does anybody know if I cancel my Amazon Business account and downgrade it to a Amazon personal account, would that affect or close my American Express Business Amazon Prime card?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Business to Personal and my AMEX Business Amazon Prime credit card

It should turn into just a regular Amazon Amex not the Prime version, IIRC

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why it would, I have the Amex Amazon Prime BIZ card and I don't even have an Amazon Business acount. 

Message 3 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know why it would, I have the Amex Amazon Prime BIZ card and I don't even have an Amazon Business acount. 

This is my assumption as well. I haven't read anything regarding it actually happening but the Prime version of the card is contingent on you holding an Amazon Prime account/subscription. I'm assuming if one cancels their membership then they would be downgraded to the regular business version

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I app'd for this card, it asked me to login to my Amazon account during the application process, and at the time I only had my personal Amazon account, which has Prime, and when approved, it gave me the black prime card, not the blue standard card.

Message 5 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah, the only reason I'd made and keep a business Amazon account which is free is because they send coupon offers like 35%/50% off with purchases quite regularly. Think this year alone I've 2-3 offers already sent to me via email. I just purchase Apple giftcards and give them to my sisters

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.