Amazon net 55/Fuelman/amex business prime

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon net 55/Fuelman/amex business prime

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@jlpaca wrote:

I watched that channel also. I didn't directly apply but I got an email saying they approved me for the amazon net 30. It seems the net 55 is the more popular product. Does the net 30 get reported?

@jlpaca,

From what I have read .. net 30    ... or "revolver" according to @GApeachy .Edited for my error

Does not report?

See this thread;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Amazon-Net-30-Do-they-report-this-type-of-account-t...

I hope my Net55 reports.  I figured since it was provided by SYNC and how crazy they are....that for sure it was going to report and likely immediately.  Here's hoping....

Yes, from what GetBusinessCredit said the Net 55 line does indeed report to Biz EX and D&B.

Message 11 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@jlpaca wrote:

I watched that channel also. I didn't directly apply but I got an email saying they approved me for the amazon net 30. It seems the net 55 is the more popular product. Does the net 30 get reported?

@jlpaca,

From what I have read .. net 30    ... or "revolver" according to @GApeachy .Edited for my error

Does not report?

See this thread;

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Amazon-Net-30-Do-they-report-this-type-of-account-t...

I hope my Net55 reports.  I figured since it was provided by SYNC and how crazy they are....that for sure it was going to report and likely immediately.  Here's hoping....

@cashorcharge, From everything I have read, the Net55 does reportSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@jlpaca wrote:

@jlpaca,

Does not report?

See this thread;

Thanks @M_Smart007 

If I may...let me toss out another question to you, @jlpaca & @4sallypat .  My account is open, my CL is established and my terms are Net55....so in my mind, the invoice is due 55 days after the transaction date.

As you'll notice below, they are actually giving me 73 days to pay.  My account is scheduled to generate a statement on February 10th as per SYNC so it appears they are giving me 55 days from the date of the statement generating, not the date of the transaction.  Perhaps just my misunderstanding of Net55 terms but regardless, thought I would share this if someone hadn't encountered it yet.

bloc.png

Message 13 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge,

No way would I chance having a late payment.

I always pay as soon as possible.

Message 14 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge,

Thanks and agreed...I was wondering:

• If there's a ZERO Balance (meaning I am paying the invoice today...well before the statement) would it still generate some reporting activity and report at the statement date?
  • If I just wait until Feb 10, get the statement and pay, it should post something to the CB's giving me the account activity I am looking for.

I know SYNC is weird and throwing in the "business" aspect may add a layer of complexity.  However, I agree 100%..I don't need the time to pay and this was my first purchase to try it out.  It'll be interesting to see how/what reports going forward.

Message 15 of 22
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@jlpaca wrote:

@jlpaca,

Does not report?

See this thread;

Thanks @M_Smart007 

If I may...let me toss out another question to you, @jlpaca & @4sallypat .  My account is open, my CL is established and my terms are Net55....so in my mind, the invoice is due 55 days after the transaction date.

As you'll notice below, they are actually giving me 73 days to pay.  My account is scheduled to generate a statement on February 10th as per SYNC so it appears they are giving me 55 days from the date of the statement generating, not the date of the transaction.  Perhaps just my misunderstanding of Net55 terms but regardless, thought I would share this if someone hadn't encountered it yet.

bloc.png

Yes, this is normal.

Net 55 terms start when the statement is cut.

So in actuality, you have more than 55 days to pay after the transaction.

But as @M_Smart007 said - it's better to pay ahead of the due date.....

Message 16 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge,

Thanks and agreed...I was wondering:

• If there's a ZERO Balance (meaning I am paying the invoice today...well before the statement) would it still generate some reporting activity and report at the statement date?
  • If I just wait until Feb 10, get the statement and pay, it should post something to the CB's giving me the account activity I am looking for.

I know SYNC is weird and throwing in the "business" aspect may add a layer of complexity.  However, I agree 100%..I don't need the time to pay and this was my first purchase to try it out.  It'll be interesting to see how/what reports going forward.

@cashorcharge, On the NET 14/30/55 accts. I always pay ASAP.

I believe it show's if you pay early/on time/late

MHO, is pay the "NET" accts. as soon as they will let you pay.

On revolving credit, especially @ 0% APR promo rate, I let them cut with the cards maxed out,

then pay down, so it shows to other potential lenders, that you are actually using the credit given.

ALL my Major / VIsa/MC/AmEx have reported with the full CL used. (with the exception of Brex)

Again, it is my humble opinion, that they like to see large amounts paid off or paid in full.

I try to do this with personal as well. Maybe @GApeachy has something/thoughts to add here?

Message 17 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Maybe @GApeachy has something/thoughts to add here?

Sorry, I'm worthless here.  For one, I can't remember and for the other they won't show any old stmts. for me to view their due date and amt. owed.  It's been too long since the acct. was active. All I could view was past payment history and those 3 they show were all under $50/each and it looks like I pd. them a few days later.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Maybe @GApeachy has something/thoughts to add here?

Sorry, I'm worthless here.  For one, I can't remember and for the other they won't show any old stmts. for me to view their due date and amt. owed.  It's been too long since the acct. was active. All I could view was past payment history and those 3 they show were all under $50/each and it looks like I pd. them a few days later.  

Thanks @M_Smart007 for the feedback on processing NetX versus CL account.  Makes perfect sense and I will follow that rule

@GApeachy Thank you for the chiming in...always appreciated.

@4sallypat Thank you as well.  It was your list of NetX accounts that inspired me in the first place!

Message 19 of 22
JimmiS
Established Member

Is there any spreadsheets out there newer than this?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.